Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,379 times

Advertisements

Sorry to get in on this so late, but I may have an answer for you. Unfortunately, like anything else in Cincinnati you'll have to drive a little bit to get what you want. I suggest Unity Baptist downtown. It's an African American Baptist church with a seminary trained pastor. I understand he preaches expository style and teaches like a seminary professor requiring rigorous classwork from those who choose to attend his Bible studies. I've never been there, but I have met a few parishioners. They all passionately love God and the study of His Word.....and this pastor is delivering! It is NOT a seeker church using Madison Ave advertising to reach the city, but the city IS nevertheless discovering the fellowship based on the reputation of the pastor and his approach to equipping the saints. Also, I fully understand your racial preference. We all like to fellowship most with those who are similar to us. In fact, the only reason I haven't been to Unity Baptist myself is that I think might be the only white guy there. LOL! Check it out, I think you'll be blessed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 09:04 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,236,176 times
^^ I googled Unity Baptist Church and couldn't find it. Do you have an address? (Well, there was one in Evanston)

Old 06-07-2012, 11:07 AM

3 posts, read 11,876 times
^^^Same here . . . I found 3126 Fairfield Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45207 as a possible address, but no website or other info. If you have an address or the name of the Pastor, could you please post. This seriously sounds like what I'm looking for.

Side note - African American church is not a requirement. We seek God first. It's more the culture of the church (music and other idiosyncrasy's of the preacher). Not sure if that's makes since, but for anyone that responds . . . We are open.

Old 11-01-2012, 04:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,271 times
Hello, not sure if you are settled in a church yet, but I am planting a church on the East side that matches your description. We are committed to expository preaching and reverent worship. We currently meet at Homewood Suites off I-275 Exit 59 (Milford Parkway). Worship service is at 10:30 AM. We have a lunch together, than a study at 1:00 PM. Children are welcome. Someone also mentioned Pleasant Ridge. I know the pastor there and he is a solid expositor. Feel free to contact me if you need more info.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 AM

4 posts, read 4,448 times
You may want to look at Providence Bible Fellowship near Cincinnati. It is a Reformed Church in West Chester, Ohio. It may be what you are looking for.

Old 03-31-2014, 06:25 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
I have to admit I do not understand exactly what you are looking for. But I have to admit that is probably due to my background. My background was raised Roman Catholic. Now I thought it was a Bible observing church, but I guess I was wrong. I also thought our Sunday sermons for the most part carried a Bible based theme. But I guess I was wrong there elso.

Please identify just what it is about the Bible you desire to be taught in Church. I am not trying to be critical of Christian professing sects, but I do find it extraordinary they are so different.

I will admit I am no longer a weekly praticing Catholic, mainly due to the disclosure of how clerics were abusing young boys. The abuse was so widespread I couldn't believe it. That turned me off completely and I still do not accept the excuses given by the Church or their actions to correct it. So I guess you can say I disinfrancised myself. How can I follow your doctrines when your own people do not?

But do I beleve only Catholic Priests and clergy were inclined to these activitites? No I don't.

There has to be a reason why homosexuality tendencies have been on the arise in the US. Homosexuals want all the rights of heterosexuals.

Now you tell me Why? Is It because they are convinced it is their lifestyle, or because they are so confused by the environment they grew up in they can't tell the difference.

I know what my opinion is, you tell me yours.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 810 times
When you find one I would love to know. We moved here about a year ago from North Carolina and are still searching. We have now started visiting the white baptist/non-denominational churches so that my kids can at least be fed. There seem to be more programs there focusing on my kids walk with God.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 664 times
From The Heart Church Camp Dennison- 275E ..wards corner exit.. Campbell St.
From The Heart Church Cincinnati- off Winton Rd, on Fleming.

Old 12-30-2014, 03:22 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,843,959 times
This thread is from 2012, i would hope he found one by now!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati