Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:02 AM

116 posts, read 455,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derdizzy View Post
They may be harmless, but seeing a new one every week or so gets old. I was especially unhappy about the one on my pillow. I've had it! My first line of defense is to clean up around the outside of the house and try to use some boric acid in well placed locations. I really don't want to soak the house with pesticides yet, but I cannot spend every day looking out of the corner of my eye for house centipedes. Harmless or not, they got a face only a mother centipede could love.
Oh that is hilarious...and so true! Only their mother could love.
I find myself looking out of the corner of my eye all the time--to the entertainment of my husband. He finds it amusing.
We've had the pest control come here three times in four weeks! And I found yet another one last night in our bedroom and another one this morning in our kitchen sink... nasty stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,679 times
Smile Hate centipedes

A cat can help take care of house centipedes! Ugh!! As a child I had an attic bedroom and would see at least one centipede a week crawling in and out of the wall baseboards! I would search every corner of my room before turning out the light for bed. That didn't help because one night I felt something crawling around my arm so I freaked out jumped up and turned on the light and what do ya know, a giant centipede in my bed, I spent many nights on the living room sofa.. I eventually made my mother caulk up all the baseboards. I was so happy we moved! I used to see them in an apartment I rented but my cat solved that problem. I would find the centipede body without any legs after my cat destroyed it.

Last edited by JodiJod; 06-09-2014 at 09:07 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 09:34 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
My cat is a pretty good bugger too. Not much gets past her. You know how they hunch down on their hind quarters, wiggle them, and then pounce? When my cat sees a crawling bug, that is exactly what she does. Has good aim too.

The one she has decided to leave alone is the stink bug. We have an infestation in the neighborhood this spring and they're finding their way into the house. A real nasty pest. I think the cat tried to kill a couple of them and decided that was a bad idea.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:10 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiJod View Post
A cat can help take care of house centipedes! Ugh!!
I wish. Mine will watch the centipede as it skitters around the room, but they won't kill it. I have to do that, and then the cats whine because I took away their toy.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:17 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I wish. Mine will watch the centipede as it skitters around the room, but they won't kill it. I have to do that, and then the cats whine because I took away their toy.
Yea, cats can be like that. Mine is that way when a field mouse gets into the house, wants to play with it. Eventually the mouse is on the floor gasping for air. I just pick it up and toss it back outdoors.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,447 times
I live in a studio apartment in NYC. Last January I had bed bugs, which I caught relatively early and treated within days. I did not see any bedbugs since. My new bed is on walk up interceptors and there is Diatomaceous earth in just about every part of my apartment, all around the corners, etc. It's a cozy space...but the past month, I have been seeing a centipede, at least once a week. I am clean, check all around my bed, etc....I do have expose brick, but I've lived here for 5 years and only recently have been seeing them often. I've killed all I've seen even knowing they are helpful ...but the space is tiny...I'd be seeing 10 of them at a time or so if I didn't kill them one at a time. I have no idea what more to do. I don't see spiders, bed bugs, silver fish or anything, so I don't know what they are hunting....and I went a little crazy with the DE ...it's everywhere. behind my couch, in my bed, around my bed, etc....I don't get it and it's driving me nuts, because I can't just let them live or I'd be crawling with them all at the same time. Any advice?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati