Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 07:05 AM

267 posts, read 722,476 times

Advertisements

well the managament is breathing life into the mall.. down where dillards
use to sit is a new store coming in i asked a girl from master cuts
what kind she don't know except the place is one out in vegas
there use to be a dental office chinese store they moved out in 08

tortuga pirate store when there where the chinese store was they sold swords other stuff.. james the mgr of the pirate store told me when they moved near sears that two movie theathers were to sat where pennys was both fell through, yes northgate had a tattoo and body pearcing didn't last long, he said kohls might go where dillards sat no word yet

pirate store gone brenda's craft is there now, i was in MI with my GF

the maridian mall and lansing mall are booming where northgate isn't

store goes in don't last maybe a month or two
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 07:22 AM

120 posts, read 259,144 times
Famous Labels
Northgate adds Famous Labels to retail mix | cincinnati.com | CommunityPress.com

Old 12-07-2010, 07:31 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,799,024 times
So is this going to be Rinks Bargain City resurrected?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:48 AM

526 posts, read 1,482,224 times
Default What Ever Happened to Northgate Anyway

I can remember when Nothgate Mall was literally busting at its seams.

There were so many wonderful stores and a Santa-land attraction.

As a single guy (at the time), I could go there right before Christmas, do all my shopping and have the gifts wrapped in about two hours.

What the heck happened any way?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post

As a single guy (at the time), I could go there right before Christmas, do all my shopping and have the gifts wrapped in about two hours.

The neighborhood changed. And all but the most economically well-positioned enclosed shopping malls (think Kenwood) declined, as consumers began to opt for open-air strip centers such as Rookwood.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 AM

577 posts, read 1,280,811 times
Malls are dying out plus it seems this area just got saturated with malls - Northgate, Tri-County, Forest Fair, Kenwood, Eastgate, Florence and a few others scattered around NKY. Kenwood seems to be staying ahead of the curve but outlet malls and "pavilions" like Rookwood, Deerfield, and Crestview Hills seem to be the new trend.

I had many fond memories of Northgate in the 80's. Heck, I went to all of the stylish places like Chess King and J. Riggins!

Old 12-07-2010, 10:38 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,977,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post

I remember boggling when I used to drive up from Lexington to visit my mom --I guess around the mid-80s--and on a Saturday in December the parking lot was literally parked full all the way out to the edges. I'd never seen that before anywhere. Amazing how things can change in such a relatively short period of time.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
The neighborhood changed. And all but the most economically well-positioned enclosed shopping malls (think Kenwood) declined, as consumers began to opt for open-air strip centers such as Rookwood.
Until recently Kenwood has bucked the trend. But with the problems trying to complete the latest addition this may be changing. I remember when it was Kenwood Plaza, a large strip center. Actually I remember when the Montgomery/Kenwood intersection was farm fields.

The original enclosed Kenwood Mall was across the street. When they decided to reconstruct Kenwood Plaza and create the enclosed Kenwood Towne Center, it was a real hodge-podge as they had to attempt to work around existing structures.

As the size of the enclosed malls increased, people's patience waned. Recently I went to Tri-County for the specific reason of visiting one store. By the time I parked in one of the parking garages and hiked like it seemed forever, I had it. Vowed to never return if I could help it.

The current weather could make being in an enclosed mall quite tolerable. But I feel the whole approach to shopping has changed. I know I for one do my shopping now on the internet. I can browse for whatever I am looking for without moving from my chair. Depending on the article and such things as shipping cost & time, I may elect to do either local delivery or an in-store pickup. But by the time I get to the store I am focused on the specific product I desire and simply want quick in and out.

Some retailers have embraced this, some have not. The high-end people of course do not encourage comparison shopping. But as we have seen, the so-called high-end keeps shrinking as others gobble up their space.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:38 PM

267 posts, read 722,476 times
deg cincinnati malls is like a ghost town hardly any stores opens only thing saving them is
bass pro shop khols and babys r us

Old 12-08-2010, 06:23 AM

The last article I saw on Cincinnati Mills (Originally Forest Fair Mall and now Cincinnati Mall) was it sold for $9.2 million. Now this is a 1.4 million sq. ft. mall, which would make the per sq. ft. price $6.57. This is unheard of in commercial real estate as it is so far below replacement cost. Is it no wonder such as large portion of it is boarded up and unused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati