Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM

2 posts, read 4,896 times

Advertisements

Greetings everyone,

Me and my family will be moving to Cincinnati in 2 weeks. We will stay for 6 months or so. I will be doing research at UC and we plan to enlist the kid to Fairview school in Gaslight. So the most logical choice to live in is Clifton Gasligt district around Ludlow ave. that is near to both campusses and where shops of many kind are also near. So we are looking for a flat rent here. A humble 1 bedroom flat (doesnt need to be too spacy) that is not overly expensive (around 600-700 $) with a genarally acceptable quailty would suffice. I have been searching around and contacting some realties for days now, some I could contact, some I couldn't, I guess not every firm is serious when it comes to e-mail replying. The apartments of Gerdsen and Roslyn pick my interest now. However I have read in a previous post in this forum and got the impression that Roslyn apartments (there are two of 'em: Roslyn and Roaneke) are not that good, however that post was somewhat vague so I couldnt be sure if I got the idea correctly. I couldn't hear from Gerdsen alltogether unfortunatelly (mailed them several times). There are also apartments of Cin.lofts in the area that seem good however they are expensive. Sorry for coming long to the point, I would like recommandations from you, i.e. are there anything specific you can say or tip on these properties or maybe some other property near this area you can recommend?

Thank you all for your time and salutations from Istanbul - Turkiye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2010, 12:29 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,472,832 times
Azur. Welcome to Cincinnati. Gaslight is very popular right now. Landlords do not want tenants that are only staying for six months. They will require a 1 year lease and even at that they will not prefer you if they think you are a 1 year tenant. Many think that the break even point will be two years. So I believe your problem is the 6 months stay. I'd be quite sure Gerdsen will not rent for 6 months. So you may find this is the problem.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:50 PM

5 posts, read 8,061 times
Default DT Properties

Hi: I am moving to this area in November. Try DT Properties. They have been very good to me, I just secure an efficiency from them this week from Arizona all via internet and email.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati