Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 06:39 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times

Advertisements

gee....MISSED THIS THREAD! lol... Looks like when I'm away you all get a little rowdy and a bit disrespectful to eachother. How about trying to be friendly and agreeing to disagree-- (i can only tolerate this forum if I feel like I am conversing or debating with kind people who could all sit around a table and share a cup of joe while having a conversation like this)

FIrst thank you Goyguy for adding Hartwell's name to the mix around post #56. See, now you all know why I try to get the word out about Hartwell, cause I cant count on anyone else to do it.

Hartwell IS a great neighborhood. We have more going on in this small neighborhood in the past 5 years than I think in any other neighborhood. And I STRONGLY stand behind that comment. We have seen a big swing in the housing going from multi-family to single family homes. We have been meeting for the past year & a half to complete a Vine Street neighborhood plan which will be proposed for approval to the community this fall (draft is currently on the Citys web site). We have a new Recreation center on the corner of VIne & Galbraith. We have a new Pre-K thru 8 school which is going to open in October which is a BEAUTIFUL school. Hartwell school was just awarded the status of Excellent in its State report card, they also just won a 21st century grant which will provide numerous after-school activities. We have a proposed medical office complex for the area behind kroger which is in the pre-development stages. And then there is Kroger...although a small neighborhood store, has numbers HIGHER than any other store in its district including woodlawn and blue ash....so I pray for a new development there soon. wonder why you dont know about these things? cause we dont brag out here (well, i do lol) but we also kinda like being the City of Cincinnati's best kept secret.

I love my neighborhood, there are trouble spots, but we know about them and we do what we can to fix them. If only the City would do a better job it would make our much easier. I dont just live in the community, I work/volunteer in this community because I believe in it. I have seen the positive changes with my own eyes. I love the neighborhood gatherings we share, and the unity we display when something happens that needs addressing. But you know what, that goes on in almost every neighborhood in this City...

Last edited by Hartwell Girl; 08-29-2010 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: so many spelling errors ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 11:45 AM

29 posts, read 77,157 times
Hey Hartwell Girl, can I ask if you can expand more on the trouble spots of Hartwell? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl938206 View Post
Hey Hartwell Girl, can I ask if you can expand more on the trouble spots of Hartwell? Thanks in advance!
more so troublesome situations rather than spots. any vacant bank owned home, any rental with an neglectful landlord....anything we need to wait for the City or someone else to address....

Anthony wayne near the lockland border down through Hartwell ave is the only area i think is in dire need of attention from the City. But even just one street over, curzon is wonderful...that street alone has the most involved people in the community living on it. But all and all, i dont see or view areas in Hartwell as trouble spots, just a work in progress But i do understand i used that wordage in my previous post, so i correct myself LOL

Let me just say this, i would not tell friends of mine to move to Hartwell because I want them to be my neighbors, I tell them that because i honestly believe the neighborhood is a good place to live and that we personally made a good investment in our home. I also believe the neighborhood continues to move in a very positive direction.

Old 08-29-2010, 12:58 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
I'm glad to see those two virtual paths cross.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:57 AM

392 posts, read 1,068,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartwell Girl View Post
more so troublesome situations rather than spots. any vacant bank owned home, any rental with an neglectful landlord....anything we need to wait for the City or someone else to address....

Anthony wayne near the lockland border down through Hartwell ave is the only area i think is in dire need of attention from the City. But even just one street over, curzon is wonderful...that street alone has the most involved people in the community living on it. But all and all, i dont see or view areas in Hartwell as trouble spots, just a work in progress But i do understand i used that wordage in my previous post, so i correct myself LOL

Let me just say this, i would not tell friends of mine to move to Hartwell because I want them to be my neighbors, I tell them that because i honestly believe the neighborhood is a good place to live and that we personally made a good investment in our home. I also believe the neighborhood continues to move in a very positive direction.
I have to agree. I only lived in Cincy for about a year, but I was quite fond of Hartwell. It's one of the few areas of Cincinnati I don't have anything bad to say about.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:14 AM

9 posts, read 12,474 times
Not sure where you are talking about in Evanston but the Avondale/Evanston area by Xavier is being bought up by developers to be turned into college housing. My friend lived on Dana/Montgomery next door to the Marathon, they were never robbed but I wound't want to live there. When ever I was visiting I received a lot "wtf is that white guy doing here" stairs.
If you want to be "pioneer" go move over by that area because once they finish it they'll probably stop accepting Section 8 and just rent to college students.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:50 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,236,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincyhopeful View Post
When ever I was visiting I received a lot "wtf is that white guy doing here" stairs.
I take it you must have been looking at them to see them staring at you. Hint. In a rough area don't walk around making eye contact with people you don't know. It's a challenge and the stares you got were likely wtf are you looking at me for.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:23 AM

9 posts, read 12,474 times
People were looking at me before I ever even looked towards them, but last I checked walking around eyes down and forward was a great way to not be aware of your surroundings. Even in nice areas I make sure I'm looking around because you can get robbed/mugged anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati