Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 PM

465 posts, read 473,937 times

Advertisements

Who says Cincinnatians live in the past?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 10,824 times
Cheryl was one of my friends from high school

Old 02-14-2012, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 10,763 times
Does anyone remember a murder commited by Betty Beaudry, a nurse. Her husband was chronically ill and she had 2 children (sons, I believe). She killed all of them. I think it took place in Greenhills. I believe it was sometime in the mid to late 60's

Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 PM

555 posts, read 877,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piodol View Post
Most notorious murder I remember growing up in Cincy was Patty Rebholz, in 1963 Greenhills. In today's hyper mass media that would be even bigger than it was then. I recall people assumed it was her boyfriend - the evidence was there - but I vaguely remember the investigators messed up the case. I would drive by the sidewalk where it happened and get chills years afterward.
I also now recall that there was an investigative reporter on a local TV station who was suppossed to present new evidence on this case. His report never aired because he committed suicide,

I remember because he had been the editor of the XU student newspaper when I was there. I think his last name was Ryan.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM

76 posts, read 317,163 times
Default Debbie Dappen murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimerk View Post
Does anyone remember a little girl named Debbie Dappen killed in the 1960's, by a neighborhood boy in Cincinnati
I sure do! As a young child, I had trouble falling asleep and would listen to the radio late at night--usually WLW or WKRC. I remember if there was a news bulletin, they would play some scary-sounding music and announce, "Bulletin--bulletin--bulletin." It was in the very early hours of the morning that the station broke in with a bulletin to announce that Debbie's body had been found under a porch. I remember being very frightened and still recall this some fifty years later!

If you type "Debbie Dappen Fairfax," in a search, some old newspaper clippings and stories will come up.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:25 PM

1 posts, read 10,449 times
I was one of the investigating police officers that responded to the scene. Betty Beaudry shot her husband who was on the sofa, stabbed both of her children both had defense wounds on their hands, she then shot herself in the fleshy area of her shoulder.. Quite a bloody scene.

Last edited by Retired cop; 09-25-2012 at 02:37 PM..

Old 10-26-2012, 07:06 PM

1 posts, read 10,382 times
Channel 12 had a special on The Bricca Murders last night, 10/25/12

Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowellmarilyn View Post
Channel 12 had a special on The Bricca Murders last night, 10/25/12
I just wish they would have held off awhile to see if the lab can actually extract a valid dna profile from the evidence they have. If they cannot getting hopes up dna could lead to a suspect will just fall flat. If they can extract a valid dna profile, even if they do not get a hit in CODIS that profile will remain on file.

Since they have multiple sources of evidence, I am curious as to whether they come up with a single dna profile or multiple.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 PM

1 posts, read 10,229 times
Question Murder In Ohio

Does anyone recall a murder in the 6o's, and I think maybe it was Cincinnati. A man that owned an apartment complex and lived in one of the apartments did not answer his door for a couple of months, so people that was trying to pay their rent became concerned. Then there seemed to be a smell coming from his apartment. Police and FBI was notified and they went in apartment and found that the horrible strong smell seemed to be stronger in bathroom. They opened up cabinet under sink and it was solid with cement. Someone came out and busted cement out and inside the vanity in the wall was the landlord. Someone had beat him so badly with baseball bat that his eyes were hanging out of their sockets. There was also a briefcase buried in the wall with him and it led the police to one of the men involved, there was a conviction of 20 years to life. If anyone has any info on this crime would you please send or comment me info, very interested in the rest of this story, one of my close family members was involved. There was another man involved but was never ascertained. I have done some research and it is very time consuming and help I would be so greatful. The man that was caught they found in Alabama and he was brought back to Ohio and charged. He served close to 20 years and married when he got out and had a couple of children. He passed away in 2009. If anyone is local and can check maybe police cases and or newspapers I'm sure they can find info on that murder, if nothing else it would be good reading.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 10,077 times
There was a another murder around 1968?/1969 it was the Dumler family.Martin Dumler his wife and her mother. They had two children the children were not harmed. It was a boy and girl the daughter is a Golf pro. Her name is Jamie Dumler I think she is married now. The children were very young at the time maybe 4&5 years old its was never solved. I read about it in the Cincinnati magazine about a year ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati