Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 04:17 PM

676 posts, read 203,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Their fate is an eternal existence in their sinful state. They will be part of the second death, which IMO is eternity apart from the source of life, which is God.

Whether it's hell, or a lake of fire, or something unmentioned - it won't be good for them.

Just a reminder that Jesus mentioned hell more than anyone else in the Bible. So there is something unpleasant on the other side for unbelievers.
When you worship God DRob4JC, how do you muster up any kind of enthusiasm for someone who denies most of His creation access to the very source of life because they were unbelievers? Do you ever fear He might smite you as well? You can get excited about this type of Deity? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2024, 04:51 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
The OP is off base in claiming that Christ was born because of our self-centeredness.

The OP is off base in claiming that Christ's death on the cross was a dying message to remember God's love.
The entire thrust of Christ's message was against self-centeredness. Oddly, you do not see it. The current interpretation of Jesus's amazing act of love toward us at our worst is so irrational I am amazed that anyone ever accepted it, let alone for over two millennia and counting!

Old 04-14-2024, 08:04 PM

45,540 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
When you worship God DRob4JC, how do you muster up any kind of enthusiasm for someone who denies most of His creation access to the very source of life because they were unbelievers? Do you ever fear He might smite you as well? You can get excited about this type of Deity? Really?
God is my Father in heaven.

He is to be worshipped in spirit and truth.

The goal is to primarily stay focused on Him. He will handle everyone else as He sees fit. It’s not that I don’t care about others, but I can only do so much.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:37 AM

676 posts, read 203,376 times
Quote:
God is my Father in heaven.

He is to be worshipped in spirit and truth.

The goal is to primarily stay focused on Him. He will handle everyone else as He sees fit. It’s not that I don’t care about others, but I can only do so much.
OK. Good answer. For me, believing in UR, I am at much more peace now knowing that when I am in a crowd or crowded place, all these people I see are in good hands and each one known and loved by God. Before, I believed most of these people only had doom awaiting them. Some may not be bothered by that thought, but it bothered me.

Old 04-15-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
OK. Good answer. For me, believing in UR, I am at much more peace now knowing that when I am in a crowd or crowded place, all these people I see are in good hands and each one known and loved by God. Before, I believed most of these people only had doom awaiting them. Some may not be bothered by that thought, but it bothered me.
It should bother all who believe it, Hal.

Old 04-15-2024, 01:31 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,918,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It won't, if they've put up a wall against it. There's a block. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with it. You may be a very loving person, but that part of your heart can be hardened so it doesn't feel the immense pain that it WOULD feel if that person believes in the doctrine of eternal torment or annihilation. Hardened = numbed. Can't truly feel it. Only on a very very surface level. It doesn't have to be that way. When you feel what you actually believe, that is when the layers start to peel back, and the true nature of our Creator starts to slowly come into focus. If the heart is numbed to that very specific belief and what it really means, you're not going to get past it. That novacaine your heart has been injected with in order to survive and function, MUST be allowed to wear off. You HAVE to feel it, so you can get to the truth of the matter. There's no way around it. Everything in it's due time, I suppose.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:17 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I think finding Jesus in this life should still concern UR believer to a large degree....not as nearly much as ET believers by any means...heck I'm amazed they even sleep at night I still think UR believers should strive to help non-believers to find Jesus since not only did Jesus command it, but those to do not have Christ are not living/finding the narrow road life of the Kingdom and finding it in this age is likely to make a big difference in the persons eternity...How big? That's what these forums are for!

Old 04-15-2024, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It won't, if they've put up a wall against it. There's a block. Sometimes it's the only way to deal with it. You may be a very loving person, but that part of your heart can be hardened so it doesn't feel the immense pain that it WOULD feel if that person believes in the doctrine of eternal torment or annihilation. Hardened = numbed. Can't truly feel it. Only on a very very surface level. It doesn't have to be that way. When you feel what you actually believe, that is when the layers start to peel back, and the true nature of our Creator starts to slowly come into focus. If the heart is numbed to that very specific belief and what it really means, you're not going to get past it. That novacaine your heart has been injected with in order to survive and function, MUST be allowed to wear off. You HAVE to feel it, so you can get to the truth of the matter. There's no way around it. Everything in it's due time, I suppose.
I am afraid you are right, sparrow. It is very sad.

Old 04-15-2024, 02:48 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I think finding Jesus in this life should still concern UR believer to a large degree....not as nearly much as ET believers by any means...heck I'm amazed they even sleep at night I still think UR believers should strive to help non-believers to find Jesus since not only did Jesus command it, but those to do not have Christ are not living/finding the narrow road life of the Kingdom and finding it in this age is likely to make a big difference in the persons eternity...How big? That's what these forums are for!
The definitions themselves are artificial though, a lot of things have been recorded in written form for future generations and it was for the greater societal good, and all individuals fit within, are born into, the various societal structures

I have found that if you are more interested in defending UR that will revive the natural instincts of someone to defend ET because of the inherited religious types of bondage of individuals and families and communities

Also because this subject is so polarising UR needs to be kept in its own thread

Old 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,685,900 times
I believe that there are lots of religious types of ‘hells/hades’ now, at the end of the period/age set aside for Christianity to reign, that have many individuals contained within them and they are metaphorically sleeping in peace under their own types of administrators (called pastors/priests/elders)

Hades was a Greek religious concept and I think we need to understand how the writers in the 1st century were writing about religious concepts (not individual ones)

Hence

Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Edit: interesting passage

Rom 13:8**Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
Rom 13:9**For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Rom 13:10**Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
Rom 13:11**And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
Rom 13:12**The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
Rom 13:13**Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
Rom 13:14**But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 04-15-2024 at 03:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity