Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 12:18 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Not necessarily,
I believe that language is a God given gift. A wonderful tool to communicate with one another in spirit.
How many times have you been so close to a sibling that you understood them wether or not they articulated with precision. Just think about Moshe for a moment and consider How the spirit of the Lord communicated to the world at that time.

Then consider for a moment what miss h is asking for and search the Torah of the heart and ask how to answer.
Personally I can relate with where she is exploring in the spirit.
A level beyond the sod of p.r.d.s is what I know of the terrain.
Who is given glory, power, over all principalities, powers and elements?

Yes, you know the answer all ready.
With God All Things are possible.

Blessed be the Name.
you're correct, God can say one word and mean volumes. or one can understand God by what he don't say. (smile).

or as you said, you can understand someone if they articulated with precision or not. the old man use say I'm reading your mind.

what you're describing is "HAVING a RELATIONSHIP" with God. think like God, speak like God, and act like God. be as one with God.

years ago when the Lord Jesus was building my Faith at a fast rate, I called it having God guts. meaning to be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. let nothing stand in your way, overcome it.

Faith is a great communicator in the Spirit, to the spirit.

Grow in Faith.

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 12:25 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Never heard of that, but I do know some people personally that believe Jesus was an extraterrestrial being. I also know others who truly believe extraterrestrial civilization created us and our world and even that they should be worshiped as gods.
People watch the program "Ancient Aliens" on the history channel and believe every word of it because this fool tells them it's all true.

Which sets them up to swallow the nonsense of this fool.

Alex Jones is the guy responsible for a genius named Edgar Welch shooting up a D.C. pizzeria called Comet Ping Pong because Alex Jones reported that Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton were operating a child sex ring out of the basement. Jones has since backed off of that claim and moved on to claiming that NASA kidnaps children and ships them to Mars to act as sex slaves.

THE WASHINGTON POST
July 1, 2017
No, NASA is not hiding kidnapped children on Mars

“We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride,” Robert David Steele said Thursday during a winding, conspiratorial dialogue with Jones about child victims of sex crimes. “So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...?noredirect=on

So who is stoopider, the idiots that make the nonsense up, or the idiots that actually believe it?

Old 10-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you're correct, God can say one word and mean volumes. or one can understand God by what he don't say. (smile).

or as you said, you can understand someone if they articulated with precision or not. the old man use say I'm reading your mind.

what you're describing is "HAVING a RELATIONSHIP" with God. think like God, speak like God, and act like God. be as one with God.

years ago when the Lord Jesus was building my Faith at a fast rate, I called it having God guts. meaning to be strong in the Lord and in the power of his might. let nothing stand in your way, overcome it.

Faith is a great communicator in the Spirit, to the spirit.

Grow in Faith.

PICYJAG.
My late aunt use to regularly break into tongues. I couldn't understand her of course. She said it came to her from God, and was God's own language, the language spoken by Adam and Eve. I do remember that she always started with "Houkama shaundala naseekia," which meant "All glory to God." Apparently.

Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Ok, I don't wanna place ideas in your heads with my comments....
What is it you think he did...maybe, also, speak on how do you think he walked on water?
Those 2 should be enough... to erase these 2 as miracles as we move on with the thread...
and maybe talk about atoms.

(Not diminishing Jesus in any way, mind you.)
My intention is, maybe just maybe, atheists will stop thinking of us as brainless believers
in some fantasy fluff... and believers in fantasy fluff will see it's not fluff at all!
The Bible clearly states the fool has said in his heart there is no God.

When a man sees a bird in the sky he may point to it and say, "there is a bird in the sky." A fool standing next to him will only look at his pointing hand and argue the lack of a feathered creature.

You can tell a Muslim by his love of Mohammad [pbuh],
You can tell a Jew by his love of Torah,
You can tell a Christian by his love of Jesus,
You can tell an atheist,
but you can't tell him much.

Jesus did in fact walk on water and He did rise again from the dead. These are undeniable facts that are recorded in secular histories of the era as well as Holy Writ. In fact, there are more accounts of the life miracles death and resurrection in the secular record than that of Julius Caesar. No one has cast aspersions on the existence of Caesar - except perhaps the illiterate.

Those who refuse to believe in something are in danger of believing anything. Belief in Christ and the Bible as God's Word to man are employing a foundation of conviction upon which they can build a life - and a civilization.

Those who disbelieve tend to tear down. Those who believe tend to build up.

I'm with the builders.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Old 10-09-2018, 06:20 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Lol

Old 10-09-2018, 06:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
The Bible clearly states the fool has said in his heart there is no God.

When a man sees a bird in the sky he may point to it and say, "there is a bird in the sky." A fool standing next to him will only look at his pointing hand and argue the lack of a feathered creature.
Jesus did in fact walk on water and He did rise again from the dead. These are undeniable facts that are recorded in secular histories of the era as well as Holy Writ. In fact, there are more accounts of the life miracles death and resurrection in the secular record than that of Julius Caesar. No one has cast aspersions on the existence of Caesar - except perhaps the illiterate.
Now, what did any of this have to do with this topic? This thread has nothing to do
regarding Jesus' resurrection or walking on water happening or not...just the opposite.

You are welcome to start a new thread, Choir Loft.

Old 10-09-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
My late aunt use to regularly break into tongues. I couldn't understand her of course. She said it came to her from God, and was God's own language, the language spoken by Adam and Eve. I do remember that she always started with "Houkama shaundala naseekia," which meant "All glory to God." Apparently.
GINOLJC, to all.

thanks for the post. I was invited to a church on an occasion and the pastor began to speak in an unknown tongue, and after he finished, this is what he said, "I don't know what I just said". I eased to the exit quickly.

if one is in a congregational setting and starts to speak in tongues and have no interpreter and don't sit down. my ears are closed. on the other hand if there is someone interpreting, I'll listen, but make up my mind as to what was said.

so, I'm skeptical of people who just burst out and start speaking in tongue (unknown), God is a God of order.

tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not.

as the apostle said, "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries".( if this is not in a church setting)

now if that was the case with your aunt, that between her and God.

PICYJAG.

Old 10-09-2018, 09:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
There is Speaking in Tongues publicly, which I don't get...and having a prayer language...
praying in tongues privately...
which I do, btw.
Might be a surprise to some since I am not a Christian according to the Nicene Creed...as the definition.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, to all.

thanks for the post. I was invited to a church on an occasion and the pastor began to speak in an unknown tongue, and after he finished, this is what he said, "I don't know what I just said". I eased to the exit quickly.

if one is in a congregational setting and starts to speak in tongues and have no interpreter and don't sit down. my ears are closed. on the other hand if there is someone interpreting, I'll listen, but make up my mind as to what was said.

so, I'm skeptical of people who just burst out and start speaking in tongue (unknown), God is a God of order.

tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not.

as the apostle said, "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries".( if this is not in a church setting)

now if that was the case with your aunt, that between her and God.

PICYJAG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHozBXQ5RQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc

Old 10-09-2018, 03:07 PM

First thanks for the reply. sorry about the late reply, been busy today.

Second, Why did they entitle the video, "Little crazy" Girl.

I have seen this behavior before, especially in a groups setting as with these girls. (I bet you if one was taken away the others would stop). even my pouch would respond if one howl.

I have in my younger day spoke what we use to call pig language. and yes we who spoke it knew what the other was saying, pre-prepared words was agreed on before hand.

I had to look at the video twice to make sure I didn't pre Judge too quickly. same result.

speaking in another tongue vs praying in an unknown tongue did not seems to be in order here. also didn't see or hear any interpreter so the only thing I would do in this case is to give them a crying towel, no disrespect, ok.

but this is what the apostle Paul was complaining about in some churches. 1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law". ok let us put this same scripture in this setting.

1 Corinthians 14:34 (according to 101c for this video, to the parents), "Let your Children keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law".

so as the apostle was speaking to the husband of the wives in the churches, so like wise we would also say the same thing to the parents of these children in the video. learn at home. 1 Timothy 3:4 "One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity".

so, to stay on the topic at hand, all language is spoke by God. if it's from your heart then God will response. for it was the Lord Jesus who spoke to all of the people by the Gift of himself in the mouth or tongue of his chosen apostles. so after he ascended he gave gifts to men, Ephesians 4:8 "Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men".

so that something he did after he ascended.

PICYJAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity