Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2021, 06:33 PM

120 posts, read 169,692 times

Advertisements

A place that could fit the bill is Buffalo Grove, which had pride flags flying everywhere this past June and has definitely been trending liberal; and not in the “get Trump out of office” sense, I mean in the “BLM” sense. Although it’s not quite on the liberal levels of Oak Park or Evanston. There is a growing number of young people in the area, though, so that might pique your interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2021, 06:48 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonym18123 View Post
A place that could fit the bill is Buffalo Grove, which had pride flags flying everywhere this past June and has definitely been trending liberal; and not in the “get Trump out of office” sense, I mean in the “BLM” sense. Although it’s not quite on the liberal levels of Oak Park or Evanston. There is a growing number of young people in the area, though, so that might pique your interest.
Pride and rainbows have been commercialized to an extent that it really is just a summer festive thing at this point. Further, don't confuse the "Progress flag" with the "Pride flag." A lot of LGBT people don't like the politically charged "Progress flag" that tries to signify victimhood of every which group supposedly favored by the American left. That flag has spread all over among "liberals."

Old 08-27-2021, 07:21 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Definitely NOT "liberal." If you want to live in an activist progressive area where politics are a lifestyle, you are going to want to be in some of the city neighborhoods or notably progressive suburban enclaves like Oak Park, Evanston, Skokie, or Highland Park.
I just want to live in an area where it would not be an issue to be gay. The area doesn’t have to be super progressive; those types of people are as bad as the ultra conservatives.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:13 AM

734 posts, read 483,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I just want to live in an area where it would not be an issue to be gay. The area doesn’t have to be super progressive; those types of people are as bad as the ultra conservatives.
Canaan, nearly everywhere in Chicagoland is gay friendly. Generally the suburbs and areas in Chicago that are not, are also not very desirable to live in anyways.

Old 08-28-2021, 10:03 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
G in MP, hey.

We should invite Canaan to talk to our "other friend" from the Chicago forum; you know, the one from "the other side of the world."

We ALL need good, cool friends!

Canaan, just be yourself. You'll be accepted for being a good person anywhere.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:52 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Canaan, nearly everywhere in Chicagoland is gay friendly. Generally the suburbs and areas in Chicago that are not, are also not very desirable to live in anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
G in MP, hey.

We should invite Canaan to talk to our "other friend" from the Chicago forum; you know, the one from "the other side of the world."

Thanks for the recommendations, but it looks like all the areas I’ve looked for are too pricey, all mortgages would be over $1,000. It would not be an issue if I didn’t have student loans to pay off, but I do and they run at least $500 a month. I think I might have to settle for Hammond, Indiana. It borders Chicago and it has really nice homes and is very affordable.

Old 08-28-2021, 12:29 PM

Canaan, wishing you the absolute best!!!

Old 08-31-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
G in MP, hey.

Heck yeh, I hear that dude is boystown bound!

Old 08-31-2021, 07:46 AM

G in MP, good morning.

Fine, I'll go ahead and make the statement: I am 100% heterosexual.

But I have no problems going to the various bars and restaurants in the "Boystown" neighborhood.

Maybe we need to go down to Roscoe's, have a drink or 2, and just get over this ignorance.

The world is TOO big, and life is TOO short, to give a care about certain things!

Old 08-31-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
G in MP, good morning.

Fine, I'll go ahead and make the statement: I am 100% heterosexual.

But I have no problems going to the various bars and restaurants in the "Boystown" neighborhood.

Maybe we need to go down to Roscoe's, have a drink or 2, and just get over this ignorance.

The world is TOO big, and life is TOO short, to give a care about certain things!
Homie, I've been cool about gay people before it cool to be cool about gay people. But the current brand of LGBT+ stuff I find to be utter bs, and I'm not about to make any apologies for my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs