Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 10:05 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times

Advertisements

This is a hidden dog park in the Southside of downtown. It's been open since 2004, but I just found out about it last weekend. The park is great. There is plenty of free parking and seperate sections for smaller dogs and bigger dogs. There are drinking fountains for pets and owners. Great free facility. Located at: 1801 Carter St, Chattanooga, TN 37408, next to the Farmer's Market.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 06:52 AM

352 posts, read 883,145 times
Looks like they cleaned it up a bit. I use to go there with the dogs, but it just got nastier and nastier. Seemed like the city didn't do there part The one I take the girls to now is in Hixson, Greenway Farms off leash park. It is large and has seperate areas for the wee ones also. Also, the tons of trails thru there where you can walk/hike and the blue hole to take your dog to cool off (old quarry) Here's a link to review http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...5ET2VPg0pOAnpw

Old 03-28-2012, 08:33 AM

600 posts, read 2,259,988 times
Thanks Blue 502, the downtown one is very close to my house, but I will check out the Hixson one too.

Here is another link for more information: http://northchick.org/adventure/greenway-farm/

Old 03-28-2012, 09:19 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,240,175 times
There's also a skate/bicycle ramp park next to the one downtown. It's right behind the TN pavilion, which is where they have the farmer's market / craft show on Sundays, so gobs of parking except on Sundays and maybe game days at Finley. Yeah, it's been a while since I was there, but it did get kinda nasty. Pee and poop everywhere. It's good to hear that it's been cleaned up; thanks for posting the pictures.

If you live farther east there's a very nice one at Heritage Park (near the corner of Jenkins Rd. and E. Brainerd Rd.), but that one requires a membership ($25/year so local taxpayers don't have to pay for maintenance).

Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 PM

352 posts, read 883,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by u4icmusic View Post
Thanks Blue 502, the downtown one is very close to my house, but I will check out the Hixson one too.

Here is another link for more information: Greenway Farm - North Chickamauga Creek Conservancy

great link, that got bookmarked, thanks! found good maps to other areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga