Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 04:04 AM

7 posts, read 24,306 times

Advertisements

was wondering if anyone knows of this sub and builder, I saw them online and was wondering where Arbor Glen is near and what kind of area it is in, or if anyone lives there please let me know Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 05:55 AM

286 posts, read 946,950 times
Saussy Burbank has a very good reputation in charlotte as far as quality and customer service with there homes.I own a Saussy Burbank home and i am very pleased. I do not know the area of Arbor Glen,i believe it is very close to charlotte itself.You cant go wrong with a saussy house.Good luck to you.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:43 PM

549 posts, read 2,386,108 times
Hello,
Saussy Burbank
is very well regarded in the Charlotte market. Arbor Glenn is being developed to help the nearby area become more desirable. The company has done this type of projects in the past with the collaboration of HUD or another entitties. They did this type of "urban renewal" in Park At Oaklawn, Citiside, Parkside and The Garden District with BOFA. Some people would not feel comfortable living in that area, but that depends on each invidual. The plus is that its about half a mile to exit 7 Clanton RD on I-77. The prices are in the 130's up to the 180's for their Carolina Cottage collection. Out of 10 lots that can accamodate a car garage about 4 remain while the others lot ill just have a parking space. The community has no amenities like a clubhouse with pool. They do offer financial incentives to help people who could not normaly own a home buy one, it is done through the municaplity. When this is done responsably it can help social mobility. Not everyone can afford the price tag many of the new properties now command near the center city. You should drive by it and get an idea of the surrounding area. Good luck

Old 06-01-2007, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 24,306 times
Default Arbor Glen

what area are they in, is it a good or bad area I am from Michigan. We are deciding on where to live in charlotte

Old 06-01-2007, 11:38 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,806,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kflats55 View Post
what area are they in, is it a good or bad area I am from Michigan. We are deciding on where to live in charlotte
Found this on their website:

Address:
2004 Golden Ridge Lane
Charlotte, NC. 28208

Directions:
From Uptown Charlotte, take Brevard Street south. Continue south when Brevard becomes South Blvd. Turn right on Clanton Road. Travel 1.5 miles and turn left on Golden Ridge Lane.

Anigirli answered your question quite well - it is not an area everyone would feel comfortable living in, but for those who do you would get a beautiful home by a great builder.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:47 AM

Thank you LovesMountain
KFlatts, forgot to meantion there are about a total of only 40 home sites at Arbor Glen community. Most of the floorplans have the option of choosing the "craftman" elevation, a very popular home style in Charlotte. For such little houses they have so much curb appeal. If you would like to see a "finished product" I recommend driving by a similar community, The Park at Oaklawn to get an idea of how the community will look line once completed.

Old 08-17-2007, 12:53 PM

1 posts, read 5,719 times
I am in the process of building a home in the Arbor Glenn Community. I have lived in the apartments next door for two years but more impotantly I grow up in the Clanton Park area until I finished college and married. I'm returning to my Charlotte roots after 12 years of military travel and I'm pleased with what I see. I feel confindent that the $200,000 investment I'm putting into this home will payoff in a hugh way. This area is under valued but many will miss out. It's close to the airport without the noise,light rail,center city, south end are all within five miles. One of the main interstates I-77 is right up the street. There is a new YMCA being built in walking distance,bike trails being paved and parks taking shape. People remember what the area once was like and have put blinders on to the new dreams of the new Charlotte. Yes, they offer help to some middle families to obtain homes but everyone in the area doesn't fall into that class. You have to be able to look outside of the box and understand what's happening right in front of your face. Are the houses expensive? It all depends on what you can afford. I selected a lot that could accomadate a garage but I chose not to spend $15,000to park a car but build a larger home. I'm having a three story, 4 bedroom home with 3.5 baths on a corner lot built. It's the largest elevation Saussy Burbank offers and at this time my home is the largest in the area that has been purchased. Each day I drive by to check on the progress I'm pleased with my decision. I know that with football, basketball, NASCAR and baseball being less than five miles away that my home will do nothing more than make me money. I know that I will sell this home within five years for a profit and maybe with my next home I might care if my car gets wet. Residents of Dilworth, Myers Park and homes in what my grandparents called "old money of Charlotte" don't park their cars in garages but simply drives. I don't sleep in my car but we all have different views of the buying of a home. Good look with your search.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:12 PM

HI oes32vmo

Actually many of the older stately homes built (in the first decades of the 20th century) in Dilworth, Elizabeth and Myers Park had porte cochere's. Some homes built later during the WWII-Era like Chantilly, or Sedgefield had carports.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:59 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,772,120 times
Moderator cut: OFF TOPIC
Saussy Burbank has an unbelievable reputation for many things one of them being QUALITY. Home inspectors and appraisers have always praised their homes compared to other builders.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-18-2007 at 07:52 PM..

Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM

9 posts, read 32,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Moderator cut: Referring post has been removed
Saussy Burbank has an unbelievable reputation for many things one of them being QUALITY. Home inspectors and appraisers have always praised their homes compared to other builders.
Moderator cut: OFF TOPIC
I will share information with anyone who wants more information on construction methods and some of the observations I have made that concern me during my Charlotte home search Moderator cut: TOS VIOLATION . I am now looking at homes in York county, SC. This is an interesting and nice area.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-18-2007 at 08:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte