Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 11:34 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

Is the color of my grass!! Ssshhh, don't tell the tree huggers my sprinkler system is still dormant....they won't believe you anyways. And it's amazing what a sharpened blade will do. New grass is coming up great in the patches, so bring on more rain!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 02:26 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
You aren't spray painting your lawn are you?

Old 03-22-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
You aren't spray painting your lawn are you?
hahaha....nope, just going organic and it's great! BTW, there are a couple Yanks in the neighborhood who have cemented their entire backyard (within their fence)!!! Maybe they could paint it green. Honestly, it blows my mind that they did it and it was approved. Lazy people I tell ya.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:13 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
hahaha....nope, just going organic and it's great! BTW, there are a couple Yanks in the neighborhood who have cemented their entire backyard (within their fence)!!! Maybe they could paint it green. Honestly, it blows my mind that they did it and it was approved. Lazy people I tell ya.
carolina_guy - They must be Italian and from NY/NJ. It's a syndrome. My BIL's grandfather did that in his backyard. When my sister and him moved into that house in Hackensack they ripped up the concrete and put a pool and grass in.

Since, I live in Monroe and we can water again, I spent a productive afternoon washing and vacuuming out the car. It really feels like spring!
I couldn't muster up enough ambition to wax it - I'll try that next weekend. And I better get off my rear and order some seeds. The last average frost date is just a couple of weeks off. I prefer to grow my own - there are so many more varieties to choose from, in the seed catalogs. I'll also do some Castor Oil plants. I can always make my Ricin blow darts to hold me over until I decide what gun to get. Thanks for all you info BTW! You too Bark!

Old 03-22-2008, 05:20 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Emissary do you use Zaino on your cars?

Old 03-22-2008, 06:43 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,486,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Emissary do you use Zaino on your cars?
I generally follow the advice of Consumers Reports. The last time they tested car waxes this brand I never heard of got the top spot - Black Magic Liquid Wax. About a week after I read the article, I was shopping in the Food Lion by me and lo and behold there were a few bottles of it on the shelf. I've used it for about a year now and it holds up very well as well as being easy to apply. I was a big fan of Zymol as it was CU's top choice previously but I prefer the Black Magic as it cleans better than the Zymol. Try it - it's cheap about $6.99

Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Default Woo Hoo - my grass germinated!!!

Carolina Guy - the grass seed germinated and so we are seeing lots of green, too, in those formerly bare patches!

Are you doing anything different this year? Using any different products or changed anything? We really had a mess - so much of our grass simply vanished - nothing came up in very large areas. We are hopeful we will have a lawn.

And no, I have not sneaked out and watered any, either.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Carolina Guy - the grass seed germinated and so we are seeing lots of green, too, in those formerly bare patches!

Are you doing anything different this year? Using any different products or changed anything? We really had a mess - so much of our grass simply vanished - nothing came up in very large areas. We are hopeful we will have a lawn.

And no, I have not sneaked out and watered any, either.
Sure am--using Organic Plant Healthcare that I keep raving about. Glad your grass is coming in!

Old 03-23-2008, 07:49 AM

111 posts, read 332,203 times
As a tree hugger I know the value of a sharpened blade...

A clean cut reduces jagged edges which causes more surface area allowing for an increase of evapotranspiration from the blade. Hence your grass is able to hold on to all the water it has been able to capture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte