Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 01:29 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,785,009 times

Advertisements

We are visiting Charleston this week and are wondering what things we must see. We plan on going to Patriots Point and Fort Sumter. The sail and rudder of my husbands old submarine are on display at Patriots Point, he can't wait to show our sons. We would like to visit one plantation also, not sure which one would be the best for this time of year and with children ages 5- 20 any suggestions would be great It has been over 25 years since we lived in the area, any and all recommendations on what to do and what to see are welcome.
Is the East Bay Trading Company still open? Loved drinking strawberry daiquiris on the deck at Whistlers, but I know they are long gone
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:51 PM

7,934 posts, read 17,335,571 times
East Bay Trading company isn't there anymore it is now the southend brewery, good food and great beer.....

Try Wet Willies for daquiries......

The plantations this time of year are not much to see.......

The boys may like to do some fishing with our resident spot tail expert, Capt Rick.......

Lots of new shops downtown the Tanger outlet mall, North side of Mount Pleasant......

Tell your husband I said run silent run deap.....

Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post
East Bay Trading company isn't there anymore it is now the southend brewery, good food and great beer.....

Try Wet Willies for daquiries......

The plantations this time of year are not much to see.......

The boys may like to do some fishing with our resident spot tail expert, Capt Rick.......

Lots of new shops downtown the Tanger outlet mall, North side of Mount Pleasant......

Tell your husband I said run silent run deap.....
Thanks OleTomCat! I will pass on your message to my husband

Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 AM

We got back from Charleston the other day and had a great time! All of my boys loved it. Downtown Charleston is more beautiful then I remembered. Folly Beach is a lot more crowed then I remember . Isle of Palms is still great!! I was saddened to see my old neighborhood in Summerville (Sangree) soooo run down . In fact everything from Summerville through N. Charleston seems to really have deteriorated. We moved out of the area in 1988 so I know a lot has changed but it was so sad to see my sweet little neighborhood so trashed. The smell of the paper mill was actually a "pleasant" smell that bought back great memories since I worked at the credit union while we lived there. It is amazing such a horrid smell can trigger so many good memories.
We will return again soon since there are still so many things to see and do that we did not have time for. Thanks again OleTomCat (fellow New Jersian) for your input!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:57 AM

7,934 posts, read 17,335,571 times
No Problem glad yall had a good time.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area