Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2022, 07:39 AM

1,751 posts, read 2,398,424 times

Advertisements

I think my cat is weird.

He moves furniture around that weighs a lot more than he does. In the middle of the night. For fun, it seems. I have a lot of plants with labels. He pulls them out of their pots and carries them across the house to lay in his supper dish.

I recently read an article that states cats walk with both right feet and then both left feet, and that camels and giraffes are the only other animals that do that. So I watched him. He walks with alternating feet just like any other animal I have seen. So is that article true or just B.S.? https://factsquirrel.com/animals/cat...k%20this%20way.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start a My Cat Is Weird thread so please share your own stories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2022, 01:34 PM

487 posts, read 323,089 times
I clean the water dish and put out fresh water for my cats each day. But one of them discovered that I have a very slow leak on my bathtub faucet which leaves a little water around the drain ring. He likes to drink from there instead. However, he laps it up pretty quickly, so I have to pour more water on the drain ring to "refill" it. Crud, now I do it in the middle of the night if I see him go to the bathroom. This cat also used to sit on my bed in front of the tv that was turned off, staring at the blank screen. It likes to watch reflections.

Old 11-21-2022, 07:39 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
I think my cat is weird.

He moves furniture around that weighs a lot more than he does. In the middle of the night. For fun, it seems. I have a lot of plants with labels. He pulls them out of their pots and carries them across the house to lay in his supper dish.

I recently read an article that states cats walk with both right feet and then both left feet, and that camels and giraffes are the only other animals that do that. So I watched him. He walks with alternating feet just like any other animal I have seen. So is that article true or just B.S.? https://factsquirrel.com/animals/cat...k%20this%20way.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to start a My Cat Is Weird thread so please share your own stories.
Put up a cam.

Old 11-23-2022, 02:46 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Weird to others yet I find quiet the talent!

My one kitten will find my scarves hanging in my closet- and swing from them. Mostly she is stuck to them and her nails keep her there til I come and find her. Weird to others, and to myself I just smile and let her loose to do it again!

Two of my other kittens love my hair ties ( circular elastic band) - they scoot the ties back and forth on the kitchen floor for hours like a hockey game! ! That is til one of them scores a point right under the oven. Then its game over til I pull out the warmer tray bin and find the ties . Then I drop the puck...or hair ties to us humans. And off they go playing again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats