Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 02:05 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 6 days ago)

16,101 posts, read 21,231,415 times

Advertisements

We have one box in the living room, one in the hallway, and one in the kitchen, these are all old and well used, and Max would probably be totally lost if they disappeared. He's also finally warmed up to the nearly year old pet bed that stays at the foot of my bed.
His other favorite place to chill is in momma's lap, especially when she's on the computer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2022, 03:57 AM

30,369 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Me. Apparently, I'm a cat couch.

Old 10-14-2022, 08:27 AM

3,485 posts, read 3,409,532 times
My brother's cat(Benny) LOVES sitting in a Laz-Boy style padded chair with a recliner, himself. He's now something like 13 or 14 years old, but we aren't 100% sure on his age. Cat pic tax, of him doing that:
Attached Thumbnails
Your cats' favorite places-20221009_141555.jpg  

Old 10-14-2022, 09:03 AM

36,462 posts, read 16,068,224 times
Well my almost 7 yr old American Pixie Bobtail, Jack now likes the basket of clothes that I need to iron, well guess I don't need anything in THAT basket, lol.

My 13 yr old Tuxedo type likes the living room floor, flat on his back.

My 1 yr old rescue, Delta ( found him during the Delta variant), she looks part tortoise shell and siamese. she is white with beautiful markings. She will disappear and I'll find her in a closet somewhere, she's liking the couch now too. Delta was 2 lbs, 5 weeks old when she was left in my yard, I live rural, took all day to catch her in the carrier.

Down time in the evening, the boyz will both be in the living room, flat on their backs, LOL

Old 10-14-2022, 09:26 PM
bjh bjh started this thread

60,172 posts, read 30,476,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
My brother's cat(Benny) LOVES sitting in a Laz-Boy style padded chair with a recliner, himself. He's now something like 13 or 14 years old, but we aren't 100% sure on his age. Cat pic tax, of him doing that:
He even has his own remote. Color me impressed.

Our Kitchen Kitty has migrated to the utility room and a basket of laundry on the washer for now.

Living Room Kitty has settled by the front door in a cat bed. No doubt she'll move elsewhere when it gets colder. She's already tried out a spot between the sofa and a bookcase that's kind of recessed and cozy. I'll throw an old towel or a bed in there for her when the time is right.

Old 10-15-2022, 04:51 PM

3,309 posts, read 1,780,432 times
My wife's lap, darn cat tries to climb straight up the front of her shirt the moment she sits down. My wife is annoyed, I am amused and the cat gets removed.

Old 10-15-2022, 04:57 PM

61,952 posts, read 87,574,290 times
I bet most cats would enjoy this paradise

I used to have cat who would lie down on my keyboard as soon I turned the computer on. His next favorite spot was on my lap when I was using the loo...
Another fav spot was the pillow on my bed (I use just one pillow to sleep). He would lie next to my head and start ...grooming. Making all that licking noises and yoga positions...
Yeah. Cats. They own your house!

Last edited by elnina; 10-15-2022 at 05:09 PM..

Old 10-16-2022, 04:42 PM

12,099 posts, read 8,487,670 times

Emma and Cooper. They each have a basket but often bathe and sleep together in one.

Last night they were both in the smaller basket which fit them fine when they were kittens but now it was legs and tails sticking out in all different directions. Don't know how that could have been comfortable.

I've noticed that it makes a difference what the weather is like where my kitties hang out.

In the summer turns out Emma can spend all day outside under my hostas. Cooper feels safer sleeping in the house and the egg-shaped bathroom sink must feel cool to him. It's just the right shape.

In the winter when DH and I spend more time in the house after supper they like to come into the living room where we are and sit with us or nearby.

But Emma thinks she owns everything and it's not unusual for her to take Cooper's favorite spots if she feels like it. He's your typical laid back-ginger cat and doesn't make a fuss about it.

At night they sleep for a while at the foot of the bed. One of the last cats I had curled up under the covers with me and I tried to train them as kittens to do the same but now that they are older they prefer the foot of the bed.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:40 AM

23,634 posts, read 24,182,090 times
As the weather has gotten cooler, our cats now prefer sleeping in bed and refuse to get up in the early morning hours (as they do in the summer months!)

Old 10-18-2022, 12:02 PM
bu2

24,114 posts, read 14,958,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
What are your cats' favorite places to nap, chill, hang out?

Our house cats seem to find a place they like, enjoy it a while, then move on to a new favorite place. How about yours?
Ours is the same way. Finds a place for a few weeks and then finds a new favorite place. Does tend to like different textures. Sitting on pom-poms, sitting on a fuzzy blanket, climbing into a made bed and laying under the sheets. Almost sat on him one time. Thought that lump was just a place where the blanket wasn't flat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats