Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 09:25 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

52,000 acres to be exact, Flannerty Associates is an LLC no one knows much about, and they are now the largest landowner in Solano County.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/artic...e-18256224.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2023, 12:09 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
52,000 acres to be exact, Flannerty Associates is an LLC no one knows much about, and they are now the largest landowner in Solano County.

Now you have my curiosity piqued. I love a good mystery.
EDIT: I did find out the LLC that purchased it is registered in Delaware. Funny how that state doesn't have to disclose names of the partners in an LLC. Guess who else is from Delaware and has enough money to buy that kind of land?

Old 07-24-2023, 12:13 PM

3,934 posts, read 2,184,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Doubt that our federal agencies don’t know who they are; it is only mystery to the public or perhaps local government

Perhaps a law firm representing someone?
There is a money trail; don’t tell me it couldn’t be traced

Old 07-24-2023, 12:34 PM

More interesting info on this mysterious company. Apparently, this purchase isn't the first one. Back in 2019, Flannery Assoc purchased 30,000 acres in Solano County, as well. People questioned it then but nobody bothered to investigate as to who makes up this group of Flannery Assoc. Now there's a new purchase, a larger purchase in the same area. Will they look into it deeper this time? They could start with asking Thomas Mather. He is named as the managing member for that particular purchase.

Quote:
According to applications submitted to the California secretary of state’s office, Flannery Associates was formed on Jan. 29, 2018 in Delaware. On Feb. 14, the company filed for foreign status to do business in California. The business address listed on the application is that of a mailbox center in Folsom, and Thomas Mather is listed as the managing member.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/...aws-questions/

Old 07-24-2023, 08:29 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
The obvious answer starts with Chi and ends with nese

Old 07-24-2023, 09:23 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
More interesting info on this mysterious company. Apparently, this purchase isn't the first one. Back in 2019, Flannery Assoc purchased 30,000 acres in Solano County, as well. People questioned it then but nobody bothered to investigate as to who makes up this group of Flannery Assoc. Now there's a new purchase, a larger purchase in the same area. Will they look into it deeper this time? They could start with asking Thomas Mather. He is named as the managing member for that particular purchase.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07/...aws-questions/
I live pretty close to fighter town Miramar and there are a bunch of homes purchased by Chinese investment firms on my block. Some they don't even rent. Get a good look at the fighter jets doing touch and go's.

Old 07-25-2023, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
The obvious answer starts with Chi and ends with nese
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I live pretty close to fighter town Miramar and there are a bunch of homes purchased by Chinese investment firms on my block. Some they don't even rent. Get a good look at the fighter jets doing touch and go's.
You both might be right. These secret partners could be of Chinese decent although I did read something about one or more being from the U.K. but I can't even verify that since nowhere, and I mean nowhere, are the partners of this company listed. Their business is filed as a foreign entity but only because the company is based outside of CA. It doesn't mean partners are of foreign decent.

You can find plenty of articles of lawsuits filed and names of the attorneys, by this company, against property owners in CA that allegedly inflated the price of their property and made millions more than the value. Flannery sued for violating anti-trust laws. This lawsuit is still ongoing.

Even back as far as 2019, these purchases raised questions. Solano County Supervisor Skip Thomson was questioning Flannery's purchase of 30,000 acres. The county had (and probably still has) no idea what the land is going to be used for. The only thing that's certain is that these land purchases are in proximity to the Travis Air Force Base. This bit of information was posted in an article in their newspaper in 2019. Mr. Thomson said they would be following up on this in the near future. I don't know what's come of it.

From the article:
Quote:
The concerns have ranged from future uses interfering with Travis Air Force Base operations, to publicly stated concerns about potential national security issues.
Travis officials have only said they are aware of the purchases.
In a letter to the county, Flannery attorney Richard Melnyk described the purchases as merely a long-term investment strategy.
https://www.dailyrepublic.com/all-dr...ery-land-buys/

I guess, according to the article, these people are simply buying land to buy land? I call BS on that. That doesn't make any sense I don't think it's prudent for these county supervisors to ignore this. With the recent questionable purchases and such secrecy about who these people are, maybe it's time for the state to step in and find out just who they are and what they're doing? It's all very sketchy to me and if I was in a position of power, I'd be doing my due diligence and looking closer at just who these people are and their intentions as to the property.

Old 07-26-2023, 11:00 AM

1,397 posts, read 675,530 times
Quote:
EDIT: I did find out the LLC that purchased it is registered in Delaware. Funny how that state doesn't have to disclose names of the partners in an LLC. Guess who else is from Delaware and has enough money to buy that kind of land?
Xiden.

Old 07-27-2023, 09:19 AM

13 posts, read 13,212 times
Quote:

Oh, so you gave up on your knee-jerk "Biden/conspiracy" angle as soon as, y'know, the facts came to light?

Whaddya know.

Old 07-27-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaquin Van Damme View Post
Oh, so you gave up on your knee-jerk "Biden/conspiracy" angle as soon as, y'know, the facts came to light?

Whaddya know.
Not that it matters but my initial response was poking fun at the potus since he has such a sketchy history but he's still not ruled out as being one of the private owners to this LLC. The fact is, no one can seem to identify anyone who makes up this partnership. Only that there are a couple from out of the country. Don't be so quick with the snark. Anything is possible. I still love a good mystery and I'd like to find out who these secret partners are.

You have any idea who these people are and why they're buying such a massive amount of land here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California