Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 05:50 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Faulconer had better wait to order new drapes for the Governor's office:

Quote:
Just 40% of voters said they would cast a ballot to recall Newsom if the election were held today, while nearly 46% said they’d vote to support the governor, according to a poll from Newport Beach-based Probolsky Research.

The picture looks even better for Newsom when looking at responses from likely voters. In that group, less than 35% support the recall and nearly 53% oppose it, with opponents also more likely to be certain about how they’ll vote.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/03/...newsom-recall/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2021, 07:48 PM

8,326 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92greenyj View Post
That is President Donald Trump to you.

And Gavin Newsome deserves nothing more than to be dragged out of his office and tarred and feathered for his crimes and horrendous mishandling of this entire fiasco. He is a piece of human garbage that never should have been elected to begin with. It is only now that the recall is going thru that he is allowing things to start opening back up because he knows he went WAY to far with his nazi lockdowns and abused his power far too much. May he burn in hell.
Unless he repents there is no question he will burn in hell.

i'm old and can't get the shot unless I am willing to spend all day.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Romano View Post
I will say that it's easier being interviewed when it's shoulda, woulda, coulda...who knows what actually would have happened if he was governor.

However, he's right about failing completely when it comes to homelessness. Not sure if it's a Democratic thing or just the people currently in office but it was become much worse under Newsom and in So. Cal., Garcetti. We have a homeless issue here in Northern Nevada and proactive steps are being taken to address it. But it's not as bad as CA (it's real bad!) partially because we're much smaller and partially because we have cold winters which makes the area less desirable.

The other issue mentioned about Newsom is his inability to keep businesses from leaving CA. Doesn't seem to care. The flight of businesses and retirees has had a direct and favorable impact on Northern Nevada's economy.

The Democratic machine in CA has produced some not so great politicians lately which is why I was against Harris being VP (I highly preferred Duckworth but we won't get into it in this thread...). Because of the Democratic majority, some of the candidates are almost anointed like Newsom and Harris. I feel like they have not "paid their dues" and had the red carpet laid out for them.

Often times, it's the Peter Principle..."man (and woman) rises to their level of incompetence"...
What proactive steps are they taking in Northern Nevada to reduce the numbers of homeless? I about fell over when they tore all the old motels down where most of the homeless used to live and replaced them with statues, talk about stupid on steroids...sheesh

Old 03-24-2021, 08:06 PM

579 posts, read 511,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
That's not quite how it went down and Tom McClintock would like a word with you.
As for the Faulconer piece and his Monday morning QB'ing, I'm more interested in hearing what a potential replacement for Newsom plans to do in the immediate future. The next guy, be it via the recall or the regular election, better have a solid plan for the post-covid rebuild.
LOL Tom McClintock could not even get elected controller, bakc in 94 when Republicans were much more competitive. And he finished like 17 points behind Schwarzenegger.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:20 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,447,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Boy View Post
LOL Tom McClintock could not even get elected controller, bakc in 94 when Republicans were much more competitive. And he finished like 17 points behind Schwarzenegger.

The point is you're not remembering entirely how it happened. The Republicans weren't unanimously behind Schwarzenegger's candidacy. It was a contentious issue and McClintock got over a million votes in an election that was split between him, Arnold and Bustamante.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:53 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,613,288 times
Quote:
I will say that it's easier being interviewed when it's shoulda, woulda, coulda...who knows what actually would have happened if he was governor.

However, he's right about failing completely when it comes to homelessness. Not sure if it's a Democratic thing or just the people currently in office but it was become much worse under Newsom and in So. Cal., Garcetti. We have a homeless issue here in Northern Nevada and proactive steps are being taken to address it. But it's not as bad as CA (it's real bad!) partially because we're much smaller and partially because we have cold winters which makes the area less desirable.

I also don't care much for the shoulda, woulda, coulda.

But I'd love to hear more about how he was able to reduce San Diego's homeless population while everywhere else in the state the numbers have grown. If he has a real plan for greatly reducing the homeless numbers he would probably be my number one candidate.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:

The other issue mentioned about Newsom is his inability to keep businesses from leaving CA. Doesn't seem to care. The flight of businesses and retirees has had a direct and favorable impact on Northern Nevada's economy.

The Democratic machine in CA has produced some not so great politicians lately which is why I was against Harris being VP (I highly preferred Duckworth but we won't get into it in this thread...). Because of the Democratic majority, some of the candidates are almost anointed like Newsom and Harris. I feel like they have not "paid their dues" and had the red carpet laid out for them.

Often times, it's the Peter Principle..."man (and woman) rises to their level of incompetence"...
I think homelessness is associated with the price of housing more than with any particular Governor. In Sacramento County 4 or 5 years ago you could rent a janky 1 bdrm apt for $700, now they painted them and the rent is $1300. We now have homeless families sleeping in cars outside of apartment complexes.

Old 03-24-2021, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
The point is you're not remembering entirely how it happened. The Republicans weren't unanimously behind Schwarzenegger's candidacy. It was a contentious issue and McClintock got over a million votes in an election that was split between him, Arnold and Bustamante.
Do you really think that whiny sniveling Tom McClintock could be elected Governor? My guess is people who vote for impeachment will vote for a name they recognize - probably Richard Grenell one of Trumps many acting DNI's or maybe Pizzagate pusher Mike Cernovich (both said they are running).

Old 03-25-2021, 02:53 AM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2021/...er/6975563002/
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What proactive steps are they taking in Northern Nevada to reduce the numbers of homeless? I about fell over when they tore all the old motels down where most of the homeless used to live and replaced them with statues, talk about stupid on steroids...sheesh

Old 03-25-2021, 07:11 AM

26,716 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
i'm old and can't get the shot unless I am willing to spend all day.
Then what's this about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I got the shot this morning, a Center for Disease Control CDC event. The goverment used it for a census all kinds of questions they didn't need to know. How many in household? single or what? how much do you make? are you a homosexual? Nationality? Race? A picture of your drivers license and insurance card. Took a long time to fill out all this stuff and a couple of times. Took all morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California