Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 11:29 AM

21,800 posts, read 16,467,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I get it. Sanders got robbed, right? It still doesn't negate the fact that this unruly behavior and destructive rioting is less than mature.
Agreed on both counts. Mostly.

I don't understand how the DNC thought it could get away with being so stupid when Sanders had such popularity and HRC had so much bad baggage. Right.

I do understand how decent people can lose their composure when faced with a mentally disordered narcissist positioned to gamble with their future. No, it's not "mature". But yeah, understandable to me.

Old 11-11-2016, 11:34 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,382,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Most of the country already claims to hate us, so why stay where we're not wanted?

California is the high tech capital of the world, is one of the world's top entertainment and media capitals, a major focal point in the global financial markets, the state grows half the nation's produce, is the biggest donor state to the federal pot( CA puts in more than it gets back) and California has the world's 6th largest economy and poised to surpass the UK and become the world's 5th largest economy.

All of that has me beginning to wonder. Maybe Trump's victory out of state is waking us up to the reality that we no longer belong.

Who knows? We shall see...

#CalExit: Topic of California seceding from the nation takes over social media | The Sacramento Bee
You could at least come up with your own non word instead of copying the British.....

I have a feeling there is a lot of smoke being blown around and very little fire when it comes to topics like this.
If any of it were true California would already be empty with so many moving out of the USA.....

Old 11-11-2016, 12:11 PM

19,272 posts, read 16,798,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Agreed on both counts. Mostly.

I don't understand how the DNC thought it could get away with being so stupid when Sanders had such popularity and HRC had so much bad baggage. Right.

I do understand how decent people can lose their composure when faced with a mentally disordered narcissist positioned to gamble with their future. No, it's not "mature". But yeah, understandable to me.
Fairly sure you can thank Debbie Wasserman Schultz and her merry band of Clintonites for that. My 2c on it. But hey, you know I'm not big on politics anyway so my opinion is worth the paper (or website) it's written on. hehe

Old 11-11-2016, 04:30 PM

782 posts, read 763,218 times

Old 11-11-2016, 04:50 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,025,654 times
Treason is a crime punishable by death. Any Californian found guilty of this needs the death penalty.

Old 11-11-2016, 05:19 PM

108 posts, read 98,772 times
There should be another name for this movement; CalExit just doesn't have a good ring to it. Perhaps CaliFade? CaliScape? CaliBandon? CaliFarewell?

Old 11-11-2016, 06:47 PM

21,800 posts, read 16,467,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Key View Post
There should be another name for this movement; CalExit just doesn't have a good ring to it. Perhaps CaliFade? CaliScape? CaliBandon? CaliFarewell?
How about 'Super-Cali-fragilistic-superexit-docious'

Old 11-11-2016, 08:23 PM

93 posts, read 95,663 times
Lol you people realize this is illegal right? You can't leave the Us vote or not
There was another group of states that tried to leave, see how that turned for them
And that was when Lincoln was president, imagine what Trump would do

Old 11-11-2016, 08:58 PM

6,367 posts, read 7,812,024 times
This thread is now closed because it was crossposted from the P&OC/Elections forum, and that thread was started eight minutes earlier than this thread and is currently at 51 pages of posts/comments versus the nine pages here. This thread left here for archive purposes and merging it with the major thread would result in too much discontinuity.

#calexit gains momentum as many in California call for secession following Trump win

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Last edited by volosong; 11-11-2016 at 09:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California