Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2020, 01:11 AM

1 posts, read 2,221 times

Advertisements

I just finished college and I'm moving to Calgary in the fall for my job. Which areas would you recommend I live in? I'm a 21-year-old single White lesbian and I grew up in Winnipeg. How's the LGBT scene in Calgary?

Budget $1,100/mo, studio or 1 br. Need easy access to Downtown, no car at the moment.

Thanks.

Old 10-11-2020, 04:06 PM

3,632 posts, read 3,426,926 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

In fact, Alberta may be slightly more conservative than, say, Ontario or BC, but not by much; and certainly not as much as is popularly believed by people who have never lived in, nor been to Alberta.

OP, I cannot help you with your apartment requirements, but here's a resource that may help with your LGBT question:

https://www.calgarypride.ca/

Mod cut: Orphaned.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-18-2021 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-11-2020, 05:34 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,970,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibnery View Post
I just finished college and I'm moving to Calgary in the fall for my job. Which areas would you recommend I live in? I'm a 21-year-old single White lesbian and I grew up in Winnipeg. How's the LGBT scene in Calgary?

Budget $1,100/mo, studio or 1 br. Need easy access to Downtown, no car at the moment.

Thanks.
Calgary is very likely just another city where people don't much care what people do in the bedroom. White or not-white doesn't matter, single or not single doesn't matter. The mayor is rumoured to be Muslim and gay, which obviously doesn't make much sense, but it doesn't matter.
"Vandalism to a rainbow crosswalk in downtown Calgary is being embraced as inclusive and officials say it will not be scrubbed away.

Calgary Pride took to Twitter on Sunday to confirm BLM — the initials of the Black Lives Matter movement — had been spray painted on the pride crosswalk on Stephen Avenue but there were no plans to remove the graffiti calling for societal change.

"We've requested that it not be touched or changed for the time being," said Calgary Pride in Sunday evening's Twitter post. "The Pride movement was born inside the courage of Black Trans folks who fought back in the face of oppression."
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/calgary-p...ipId%3D1930095

Calgary does sometimes need the AB to distinguish from:

https://www.visitscotland.com/info/t...algary-p240371

Old 03-20-2022, 08:07 AM

146 posts, read 124,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibnery View Post

Thanks.
Is there another Calgary in Canada besides the one in Alberta?

Old 03-25-2022, 07:35 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,102,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kidd View Post
Is there another Calgary in Canada besides the one in Alberta?
LOL. Yes there is, believe it or not. If I was to tell you that there are millions of places called Calgary in Canada I wonder what you would say about that? Would you take "issue" with it and try to correct me, as you are so wont to do as the #1 forum spelling and grammar police?

Calgary means 'cold garden' or 'beach of the meadow' and there are millions of places in Canada that fit one or even both of those descriptions. So I wouldn't be wrong to say there are millions of Calgarys in Canada.

There are two communities and one no-longer-a-community called Calgary in the world but only one Calgary is in Canada. The other two places named Calgary are a community named Calgary in Scotland and the middle of nowhere ghost town named Calgary in Texas.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,143 times
From where you're coming from?

Old Today, 08:25 AM

44,386 posts, read 20,108,348 times
OP hasn't returned in 4 yeas and the thread continues to generate spam (posts deleted). Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Calgary