Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 10:05 PM

8,798 posts, read 3,956,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
Do you give the employee the raise on a credit card debt just to give employee demanded raise? Or would you
say no ? Employee has also declined in productivity and says a second pay raise will fix it

You explain to employee you are bound to run out of money at current rate and that you are free to leave for another comparable job as we can’t afford to pay your second raise.

Employee said “I don’t give a sh**** I want a f**in raise or I’m going to purposely slack off on the job , steal , and you’ll be sorry. You are supposed to give raises
What type of employment/business is this? It sounds like Dumb and Dumber i.e. a second pay-raise will fix it (and a boss who would consider it), lol. Why doesn't the employee simply demonstrate what he's worth by stepping up to the plate (perhaps relative to an agreed upon bonus based in re: demonstrable performance); or better yet, find a new job where he is paid what (he thinks) he is worth rather than exhibiting a temper tantrum/threats and proving otherwise without question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Pimpin be rough man.
Too funny. Maybe it can be the employee's new job; he could slack-off all he wants and steal as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2021, 11:22 AM

32,737 posts, read 48,366,038 times
We wouldn't have gotten this far. The employee would have been fired when he started showing up for work an hour late.

Old 05-31-2021, 08:02 AM

20,237 posts, read 9,149,661 times
Forget the employee, think more about what you're going to do next cuz you really aren't operating a business...

Using credit cards to pay employees? lmao

Old 06-05-2021, 03:16 PM

23,657 posts, read 70,678,985 times
Think about it -

"Gee, I can't afford it, and as a matter of fact I am going to have to REDUCE wages to stay solvent. I'll try to keep you on, but guess you are going to have to quit and look elsewhere if you need more. Sorry."

Voluntary quits don't get unemployment racked against the business, so the business doesn't suffer.

Otherwise, employee goes to unemployment and says "All I did was ask for a raise and he fired me!!!" More pay, don't have to work. An old scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business