Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 04:49 PM

11 posts, read 37,112 times

Advertisements

Hello - Just wondering what some of your thoughts are on neighborhoods in NW Boise? With the exception of older homes in the North End, are there any comparisons? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 10:16 AM

139 posts, read 385,827 times
How are you defining NW? Are you looking at anything west of 28th or are you talking about west of 36th street?

Old 12-13-2009, 10:45 AM

I believe west of 28th-

Old 12-15-2009, 07:24 PM

139 posts, read 385,827 times
Oh, hello again! I'll put my two cents in since we live in the neighborhood and hopefully someone else has their own feedback.

I was asking if you were referring to west of 36th or west of 28th because the north end and NW neighborhoods were developed starting at the turn of the last century near the downtown heading west. By the time it reached 28th street, it was the 1950's. By the time development reached 36th street, it was around the late 1970's/early '80's. So neighborhoods west of 36th street are newer.

Being the 1950's, the homes near 28th generally no longer had amenities like sidewalks. On the other hand, the lots started to get larger, reflecting the times. There are still lots of huge old trees. Go farther west, the trees get smaller, homes get newer, you get the picture. Some would say the "charm" of the north end ends at 36th street. But a lot of folks prefer a newer neighborhood. You'll generally have more traffic to drive through west of 36th because most people commute toward downtown.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Wow, "TeamGray", I'm impressed with your knowledge of the area. We actually prefer a tree lined street, sidewalks, front porches and the like. Sidewalks make it nice to say hello to neighbors and take the dogs for walks. Love the trees and the leaves that go with them... Thanks again for your posting!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,987,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TND2000 View Post
Wow, "TeamGray", I'm impressed with your knowledge of the area. We actually prefer a tree lined street, sidewalks, front porches and the like. Sidewalks make it nice to say hello to neighbors and take the dogs for walks. Love the trees and the leaves that go with them... Thanks again for your posting!
You may like the North End around 28th eastward yet! The lack of sidewalks doesn't really affect the sort of bike and foot traffic with which you could mingle from a front porch, and the trees are certainly lush in that locale. Several small parks and a few larger ones, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area