Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 PM

805 posts, read 2,008,863 times

Advertisements

Okay, So I am moving to the area in mid December to be stationed at Mtn. Home AFB (as i'm sure some of you already know.
I'm having a difficult time finding a place. There are some ads on craigslist, but a lot of them are either already rented, or in some of the areas that I am not that interested in living in.

Anyways, I'm preferebly looking to rent from an owner, 3br 2bath with a garage and fenced yard if possible. Somewhere around the 750-850 per month.

If you know of anyone or you yourself is looking to rent, or can even just give me some guidance and point me in the right direction please contact me via pm or email at enigmas2k@yahoo.com

Thanks
Nate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,163 times
Nate,
My situation does not fit your requirements at all, but figured I would give it a shot. I have a home in Mt. Home which is available (as of right now anyway). I PCS'ed earlier this year and the current renters just left. I'm renting for $1200, but the house is well worth it, and I have a property manager. Again, not what your looking for, but it never hurt to try.

At any rate, if your not intersted in my house, you may want to look at living in Mt. Home as opposed to Boise. I never met one person who was happy living in Boise vs. Mt. Home. The drive (50-60 min. each way) really sucks, especially in the winter or when your on call. Its true, Boise is a regular city and Mt. Home is VERY small, but you get over it after a while.

On a

Old 11-30-2009, 09:44 AM

6,021 posts, read 14,124,122 times
Be careful with Craigslist it is soooooo tainted with scammers. You can try property managers or realtors because some of them will contract with a home owner only to find a tenant for the owner and the owner is who you end up dealing with during your tenancy. I would also not rule out temporally moving into an area that isn't perfect for you because once you are there it's easier to seek out a place you will be happy with. Another thing to think about is buying a place. I don't know anything about the Boise Market but in many areas you can buy for less than you can rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area