Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM

13 posts, read 141,198 times

Advertisements

Considering relocatinng to Boise and am wondering what the singles scene is like for the 40+ crowd? And I'm not talking about the bar scene. Are there coffee houses or nicer pubs or events that draw "older" singles? I'm 42, never married and no kids yet. Living in a smaller town as I do men in their late 30's to mid-40's who are single are no where to be found online or locally.

You'd think with 40 being the new 30 it would be a snap. LOL!

Any feedback from single men or women living there who are in my age range would be welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 06:48 PM

140 posts, read 491,556 times
Check your private messages Heidi.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:25 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,104,207 times
Sorry Heidik-- the adult single scene in Boise is truly atrocious. Hell, even the college guys I work with (I'm a 40-something) complain that their is a severe shortage of single girls their age. The reason is twofold: a strong religious right coalition here, especially the Mormon cult, which exhorts a family lifestyle. Boise is also a strong family-oriented town, with a propensity of yuppy spawn.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:36 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,855 times
About the only thing you will find a lot of in that age range are divorced folks with kids. If that isn't a problem for you it shouldn't be too bad.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 4,110 times
This isn't encourage for single black man in 30's.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:19 PM

139 posts, read 384,800 times
When I was a single gal in LA and hit 30, I became completely invisible to any single man. At least you won't find that here--the men appreciate women with some sort of brains...

Old 09-07-2009, 02:24 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,890,073 times
Try even finding a single girl even in her early twenties are tough. The good thing is although it seems like no one is single here, usually the bonds that tie are weak. That probably out of the question when your in you fourties, but hell I'm young, if there is a relationship, it usually isn't that strong. But, I'm commenting on the college age crowd.

But hey, I'm in need of a sugar mamma, give me a call. lol

Old 09-12-2009, 04:12 PM

314 posts, read 1,218,807 times
Hmm...resurrecting a zombie thread.

I've commented on this issue before. I don't think the 30+ singles scene is good at all. The economic crash hasn't helped the singles scene either....

Old 09-15-2009, 03:12 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,104,207 times
Of course, when we talk about the 'singles scene,' what I think we're usually referring to is the availability of un-attached single men and women in the bars and clubs in Boise in the evenings. Right? And, as mentioned before, that "scene" is in dire straits in Boise, even for the young 'uns. If you're over 30...good luck, mate! LOL.
That being said: I have an observation that might suprise some people. I truly think the best hunting grounds--ooops, singles scene--is where I happen to work, Gold's Gym. I'd say that about 70% of our members are single, and though the median age is probably early 30's, I can attest that we have a good percentage of over-40's as well. Most of our clients are pretty good looking too! And trust me, nothing is easier than striking up a conversation with someone you find attractive in a health club. It's probably even less awkward and obvious than in a bar, anyway, right? Plus, you're actually doing something good for yourself instead of ingesting ethyl alcohol.

Old 11-27-2009, 05:49 PM

8 posts, read 24,380 times
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread but I wondered if anyone had any suggestions. I am a single female in her 30s who moved to Boise for a job and I am having really hard time meeting single folk. Not just for dating purposes but also for friends. Where/what should I look into?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area