Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 11:14 PM

1,110 posts, read 451,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Jamal Who? O the guy that destroyed the Lakers in the final seconds of game 2.

I loved how Joker posting up on Anthony Davis backing him down in the 4th with a few minutes to play made AD look ridiculous. It was almost embarrassing to watch.
Jamal had a bad shooting game before that shot, was 8/23, or 34%. That shot was huge with ad on him. Had he shot better they wouldn't have been in that situation.

Bron could have went for a 2 the play before, but then again its a wide open 3.

Lakers have a huge Mountain to climb to win this series
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 11:24 PM

10,794 posts, read 4,356,071 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xexHnqRSaVU

Old 04-23-2024, 04:44 PM

8,349 posts, read 2,970,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by accord2008 View Post
Jamal had a bad shooting game before that shot, was 8/23, or 34%. That shot was huge with ad on him. Had he shot better they wouldn't have been in that situation.

Bron could have went for a 2 the play before, but then again its a wide open 3.

Lakers have a huge Mountain to climb to win this series
The last shot Lebron took was the dumbest play of the game.

I know it was a wide open 3 but he took it with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and about 15 seconds left in the game and there was no guarantee he was going to make it but if he ran the shot clock down to near zero even if he would have missed a 2 or 3 the Nuggets would have gotten the ball back with about 5 seconds left on the clock very likely resulting in overtime.

Nuggets had about 14 or 15 seconds to work the last shot and used every second of it rather successfully.

Bonehead play.

Old 04-23-2024, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
The last shot Lebron took was the dumbest play of the game.

I know it was a wide open 3 but he took it with 9 seconds left on the shot clock and about 15 seconds left in the game and there was no guarantee he was going to make it but if he ran the shot clock down to near zero even if he would have missed a 2 or 3 the Nuggets would have gotten the ball back with about 5 seconds left on the clock very likely resulting in overtime.

Nuggets had about 14 or 15 seconds to work the last shot and used every second of it rather successfully.

Bonehead play.
Bron knew if it went to overtime, its game over for them, maybe he was thinking to shoot it, if missed, theres a slight chance of a rebound and final shot of game.

Even if he used the full clock and had 5 seconds left, nuggets can call timeout, advance the ball, and 4-5 seconds is plenty of time to have a quality shot especially with jokic.

Ad had a monster 3 quarters, Russell had a good game, and were up by 20. 4th quarter comes and lebron will get tired due to age. There is no way the lakers can win ot. The lakers as as a whole team cant be perfect every quarter.

Last edited by accord2008; 04-23-2024 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-23-2024, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Bron knew if it went to overtime, its game over for them, maybe he was thinking to shoot it, if missed, theres a slight chance of a rebound and final shot of game.

Even if he used the full clock and had 5 seconds left, nuggets can call timeout, advance the ball, and 4-5 seconds is plenty of time to have a quality shot especially with jokic.

Ad had a monster 3 quarters, Russell had a good game, and were up by 20. 4th quarter comes and lebron will get tired due to age. There is no way the lakers can win ot. The lakers as as a whole team cant be perfect every quarter.
And the Nuggets appreciate Bron taking that shot with all that time left. I’ll have to say it was a fun game for Nuggets fans.

The bad news for the Lakers is the Nuggets have played 2 rather poor games and I figure by game 3 they’re due for a good one.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:09 PM

Quote:
And the Nuggets appreciate Bron taking that shot with all that time left. I’ll have to say it was a fun game for Nuggets fans.

The bad news for the Lakers is the Nuggets have played 2 rather poor games and I figure by game 3 they’re due for a good one.
Exactly, I cannot imagine a worse situation for the Lakers psychologically, heartbreaking first 2 games and Denver's best is still to come.
Its unlikely that Murray continues to shoot this poorly, plus its never a good sign when you are banking on such a great playoff performer to shoot 9-24 so you can have a chance at winning...

Old 04-23-2024, 07:21 PM

Game 1
Lakers 22 assists, 12 turnovers
Nuggets 27 assists, 4 turnovers

Game 2
Lakers 24 assists, 14 turnovers
Nuggets 26 assists, 9 turnovers

Old 04-23-2024, 09:08 PM

Quote:

Coulda woulda shoulda. Its a wide open 3. Lebron shot 41% from 3 this year, thats including super long 3's, contested 3's, and buzzer beater 3's. A wide open 3 like that one, the chance of it going in is probably 55%. Its really hard to get open in any situation. Had he made that it would have been a different story.

Old 04-24-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Coulda woulda shoulda. Its a wide open 3. Lebron shot 41% from 3 this year, thats including super long 3's, contested 3's, and buzzer beater 3's. A wide open 3 like that one, the chance of it going in is probably 55%. Its really hard to get open in any situation. Had he made that it would have been a different story.
Well he missed and left plenty of time for Murray to walk the ball down the court. Their chances of getting into OT were much higher than him making that 3. To suggest they were too tired to play OT so forget OT and take a 3 with 9 secs on the shot clock and 15 seconds on the game clock cost them the game.

After 10 straight losses to the same team including a 20 pt lead in this one they need to stop making silly decisions. AD was doing well scoring for 3 quarters. In the 4th Lebron decided AD had scored enough.

But Nuggets and their fans appreciate Lebron’s decision. 2 losses to a team that has yet to play well in this series. Nuggets are due for a good performance. Perhaps game 3.

Lebron’s 3 pt shooting % in clutch moments 31%. https://www.libertyballers.com/2012/...fs-4th-quarter

Last edited by Leona Valley; 04-24-2024 at 11:51 AM..

Old 04-24-2024, 01:29 PM

208 posts, read 149,135 times
That shot by Murray was amazing. I really appreciated his humility in the post-game interview, acknowledging how bad his stats were for the game. Lakers played a great game, Nuggets were just so so, and still pulled out the victory.

I for one loved hearing Lebron complain about the officiating (him, of all people, the one player who benefits the most from the refs) and watching AD take his ball and go home in the post-game interview. I don't expect the Nuggets to sweep, but it would be glorious! I'm thinking they split in LA, and Nuggets win in five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball