Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2024, 07:30 PM

77 posts, read 24,314 times

Advertisements

If UCOnn wins two more, especially in similar fashion, we have to consider this the most dominant two year run since the John Woiden/UCLA era Florida in 06 and 07 and Duke in 91 and 92 weren’t this dominant. Georgetown in 85 and UNLV in 91 couldn’t finish the deal the second year. Clingnan cannot be matched up with. And I don’t even think Edey will be that guy that can neutralize him. Get ready for a sixth national championship in 25 years boys and girls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2024, 05:09 PM

Jimmy V reincarnated. This is absolutely unbelievable.

Old 04-01-2024, 10:06 AM

So unbelievable, everybody is at a loss for words, lol. What is up with this forum? Basketball brought to you by a bunch of Skip Baylesses and whatever the cringe-worthy show is that he is on with FOX.
I’m any event, NC St lost seven of its final nine regular season games. And I’ll reference the game vs Virginia in the ACC Tournament as to how close this came to never being….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZoVPCqt0OE

Old 04-02-2024, 05:52 AM

2,326 posts, read 3,934,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible_Sun View Post
So unbelievable, everybody is at a loss for words, lol. What is up with this forum? Basketball brought to you by a bunch of Skip Baylesses and whatever the cringe-worthy show is that he is on with FOX.
I’m any event, NC St lost seven of its final nine regular season games. And I’ll reference the game vs Virginia in the ACC Tournament as to how close this came to never being….

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yZoVPCqt0OE
People on social media ridiculed my team for losing to an 11-seed in the first round, as recently as a few days ago. It just happened to be that 11-seed.

Congrats, Canes2006Champs and other Wolfpack fans.

(Yes, some of our fans were guilty of underestimating NCSU, including me. Many of those admitted to that, and now I’ll do the same.)

Old 04-02-2024, 07:29 PM

27,201 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Meanwhile over in the "other tournament" (the NIT) the shafted Indiana State squad has run the table to the finals. They beat SMU, Minnesota, Cincinnati and Utah to reach the final where they will now face the Georgia-Seton Hall winner for the title. The NCAA selection committee black eye for bypassing a
27-win conference champion for an At-Large berth.

Old 04-05-2024, 06:06 PM

116 posts, read 36,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Houston likely would have won if Shead didn't get injured in the first half. Houston also lost 3 other players to injury earlier in the season. They had a great year.
I still believe that Houston was the only team that would have seriously challenged UConn.

Old 04-06-2024, 01:36 PM

27,201 posts, read 43,896,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WidowedBuckeyeDad90 View Post
I still believe that Houston was the only team that would have seriously challenged UConn.
Duke and then NC State seem to have a say in that.

Old 04-06-2024, 06:05 PM

3,835 posts, read 4,441,302 times
I never thought this day would come, but I honestly have been paying more attention to the women's side than the men, and it seems like America would agree with me; the UConn/Iowa game pulled more viewers for ESPN than ANY non football game in the last several years. And we can be sure now that the Refs in that game understood the assignment, the USC/Iowa game will probably break all records for basketball viewership period.

Old 04-07-2024, 05:58 AM

As mentioned late in the broadcast, we haven’t seen a big man matchup in a final to this magnitude, since Ewing vs Olajuwon. I think this will be tougher for Clingnan to impose his will on a player like Edey, who posts up in the paint- not as easy to block/alter shots like Clingnan does-but more in transition and against guys cutting to the basket off pucks abs screens. Nonetheless, UCOnn has more weapons. I don’t think Purdue has enough to derail this machine. A sixth national championship is coming- an unbelievable run in modern day college basketball. And mind you, UCOnn had a dormant six years where they had become forgotten and a pretty dormant program when Hurley first took over.

Old 04-07-2024, 08:14 AM

8,804 posts, read 10,242,030 times
The run ended for the Wolfpack but it was fun. Purdue is not only better but also a team on a mission.

Alabama gave it a good fight but UConn is also a team on a mission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball