Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 09:40 AM

209 posts, read 152,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I know. I picked the Suns out of the west because no one has a 1-2 punch like KD and Booker on offense. And I think Harden will be there at some point. Tough to guard 4 guys who can all light it up for 30 or 40 any night. But health will be a big concern.

Looking forward to the season. Lakers go to Denver and get to watch the ring ceremony. Hopefully that motivates the Lakers to take it to them.
Very happy that this was not the case.

The Lakers were not out of the locker room for the ring ceremony, but I think that makes sense. I really thought that the Nuggets might have a let down, so I was happy to see that not happen. The crowd was outstanding last night, probably the loudest that I can remember, at least for a regular season game. I was surprised about the minutes that Lebron played (only 29 total), but I guess that's the plan this year. And AD absolutely disappeared in the 2nd half. I think he struggles against Jokic, but that's understandable.

The west is going to be crazy this season, but I was really happy to see the Nuggets get off to a great start. And the banner and ring ceremonies were very cool too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2023, 03:30 PM

30,277 posts, read 11,920,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtoCO1 View Post
Very happy that this was not the case.

The Lakers were not out of the locker room for the ring ceremony, but I think that makes sense. I really thought that the Nuggets might have a let down, so I was happy to see that not happen. The crowd was outstanding last night, probably the loudest that I can remember, at least for a regular season game. I was surprised about the minutes that Lebron played (only 29 total), but I guess that's the plan this year. And AD absolutely disappeared in the 2nd half. I think he struggles against Jokic, but that's understandable.

The west is going to be crazy this season, but I was really happy to see the Nuggets get off to a great start. And the banner and ring ceremonies were very cool too.
I don't get AD. 17 in the first half, zero in the 2nd. But they actually played better in the 2nd half with him not doing much. They are going to limit Lebrons minutes. The NBA is fining teams who use load management and keeping all star level players out of games. So now its in game load management. I think a lot of teams will be doing this.

Old 10-25-2023, 10:09 PM

10,897 posts, read 4,407,717 times
Watching Mavs@Spurs right now, Spurs commentator just said he thinks Wembanyama has the ability to be better than David Robinson and Tim Duncan.
That is the most disrespectful and deluded thing I've ever heard.
Its like a 12-year-old kid commentating....

Old 10-26-2023, 04:30 AM

14,730 posts, read 14,717,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Watching Mavs@Spurs right now, Spurs commentator just said he thinks Wembanyama has the ability to be better than David Robinson and Tim Duncan.
What five years of no playoffs does to a MFer…

Old 10-26-2023, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
His ceiling is higher than Robinson or Duncan. Whether he reaches that potential or not is another thing. But its early for that kind of talk.

Old 10-26-2023, 09:48 AM

209 posts, read 152,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't get AD. 17 in the first half, zero in the 2nd. But they actually played better in the 2nd half with him not doing much. They are going to limit Lebrons minutes. The NBA is fining teams who use load management and keeping all star level players out of games. So now its in game load management. I think a lot of teams will be doing this.
I really don't understand AD either. He can absolutely dominate at times, and then just disappear later. And he really seems to struggle guarding Jokic, but a lot of people have that issue. I'm happy that the NBA is doing something about the load management stuff, but you are exactly right. It will lead to minute management instead, but I guess that's better for the fans than players not playing at all.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:45 AM

Minute management is ok, I don't mind that.
In addition to protecting the stars, its a good way to test depth, or to give reserves more minutes so they develop.
Cam Thomas for example, yesterday he scored 36 points in 25 minutes on 62% shooting.

Old 10-27-2023, 02:31 AM

I know Lillard specializes in those long 3-pointers, and I know he made a 30-footer with 1:13 left, and that was a well-selected shot with space.
But when he attempted an EXTREMLEY contested and off-balanced 27-footer with 38 seconds left (and Bucks only up 5), that was a bad idea, because he could have driven the ball and at least drawn a foul.
He's one of the best ever at slashing and drawing fouls, so instead of attempting 11 threes per game, maybe reduce it to about 7 or 8, unless he can get 11 decent looks that aren't so forced.

Old 10-27-2023, 06:04 AM

4,063 posts, read 2,411,158 times
Why didn't Book play last night for the Suns?

Old 10-27-2023, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Why didn't Book play last night for the Suns?
Needs an MRI on his foot that he hurt against GS. Not good news. Beal is still not playing. Bad luck for KD. Imagine if he stayed in Brooklyn. This year with a healthy Simmons and teams like Philly no longer a major factor. The west is just so packed now. Of course Boston and Milwaukee would be a problem for him.

BREAKING: Significant Devin Booker Injury Update Before Lakers Game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball