Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 07:12 PM

4,215 posts, read 4,884,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
I haven't visited Australia, but it seems like taking the train from Sydney to Melbourne
would be sort of like a NYC-Chicago train ride here in the US: perhaps not the most scenic route
in the country, but a day's journey between two of its most significant cities. Also, it would be a sample
of what Australia's rail service is like. I presume that's the busiest intercity route in the country.
The thing with the Sydney to Melbourne train is it is basically a service designed to transport people to and between intermediate stops along the route. Anyone who wants to go from Sydney to Melbourne is flying, or driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 07:32 PM

1,472 posts, read 1,342,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4me View Post
Sydney - Melbourne sounds like a comfortable rail journey.

If I was traveling to a new country, I'd enjoy trying the trains.
You may want to check out the Spirit of Queensland which goes between Brisbane to Cairns. It's a very different part of the country compared to Sydney-Melbourne. Once in Brisbane, it would be easy to spend time in the Sunshine Coast or Surfers Paradise.

The only twist is that you may not want to this during the wet season in the tropics.

https://www.queenslandrailtravel.com...itofqueensland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand