Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2010, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 3,488 times

Advertisements

I would like to take my wife of 19 rocky years out to dinner and spend the night in Austin. We live in Round Rock, so just a hop skip and a jump. I will be taking her on my Harley for the day and I want to wind it up with something special....now the hard part, I am on disability and she is between jobs as a paralegal, so I am on a budget... so something nice and memorable that will not break the bank ljke a maximum of 100 bucks....maybe even 150 if I sell my first born.....but he is not gonna be happy. Please help as I have moved here last year from Montana and don't know all the good places in Austin. Thank You in advance. Oh by the way our Anniversary is Sunday. Last minute guy you know.

Last edited by bigdaddyt; 03-22-2010 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: Put name of city in announcement, Austin Texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM

324 posts, read 1,312,184 times
Take the little lady on a hill country ride to see the start of the wildflowers! then stop in any of the funky little resturants in/around johnson city, llano, fredricksburg. ya baby btw, maybe you could go on saturday when it is going to be 80!

Last edited by chickenfry; 03-22-2010 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: additon

Old 03-22-2010, 11:03 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
Since you've only been here a year... have you already done the Oasis? Sunday nights they have Salsa dancing and live music. And of course it is an awesome view and drive on a motorcycle. But you've probably done that.

Downtown... lots of good places. Some are expensive, but the vast majority are within your budget. Go to the chronicle and find somewhere with music. West 6th street or the warehouse district will be more upscale and laid back, whereas East 6th is party central with lots of college kids.

Maybe rent a kayak or paddeboat on Ladybird Lake... great skyline views, and cheap.

Alamo Drafthouse, either the Ritz location downtown or the South Lamar location (there is a fancy bowling alley next to the South Lamar location, called "highball" The Highball which could also be part of your trip)... if you go to one of those, you could also cap your night off walking among the shops on South Congress.

Another nice motorcycle trip (during the day/early evening) might be Laguna Gloria Art Museum, a walk up to Mount Bonnell, and dinner at either Hula Hut or Abel's on the Lake (lake Austin blvd). In any order. Use Scenic Drive where possible.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM
gdu

256 posts, read 699,849 times
Are you saying $100 for dinner or dinner and a place to rest your heads?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin