Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:37 AM

216 posts, read 997,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbar View Post
Um, there are no schools within Hutto ISD that are rated as unacceptable.

http://www.thesamfordgroup.com/Public_Schools_Austin.pdf (broken link)
Texas schools - TX elementary, middle and high school information

There is quite a few low scores on the great schools site -one of the schools is deemed unacceptable, maybe this is the website she is referring to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 AM

155 posts, read 614,677 times
NADINE JOHNSON ELEMENTARY is rated academically unacceptable based on its TAKS. Yes OntheMoveAGAIN that is what I was talking about.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:53 AM

216 posts, read 997,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont08 View Post
So far in just a few weeks they have found out that she is the only English speaking student in her class, other students in her class are being mean to her and telling her they are going to "cut" (stab) her and these are only 5 yr old kids saying this!!!, the class working on just teaching Spanish to English abc's, kids are telling her how ugly babies are thrown away in trash cans in bathrooms and asked her if her parents found her in the trash can...(we think she is getting this one a lot because she is the only light haired blue eyed student in her class) They tried talking with the school and were told basically to try and get her into a charter school and they even gave them a list of names and numbers for charter and private schools in the area.
What a nightmare, I feel for your brother and his family. What a terrible start to school. I hope they do move the child out, what a shame

Old 09-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Yeah and she was so happy to be finally starting school too.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,476,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheMoveAGAIN View Post
What a nightmare, I feel for your brother and his family. What a terrible start to school. I hope they do move the child out, what a shame
Get her out now!

And to think these kids could be our future. Nah, they'll all end up in prison with the great upbringing their getting.
We'll get to foot the bill and bear the burden.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:23 AM

They are trying but first they have to find out more about the charter schools to see if she can get in one and if they have to pay for it. Paying for private school is not an option for them. Also since they have 4 kids all ages 5 and under the idea of staying there if they can not being able to use the public elm. school is not at all a consideration. My brother is now looking at having to sell his home and move again after only being there about a year.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:16 PM

Maybe he can do an out of district transfer.

Honestly though, if it's that bad, I think moving is the best solution.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Maybe he can do an out of district transfer.
What is this? Can you transfer children into another school outside of their assigned school district in Texas? As even if they try and move they need help NOW this year. Moving may take months or even a year.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Yes you can as long as the school has room. Go to the districts website and there should be info. Or just call the district office of the district they want to get her in and see what needs to be done or if it's even doable.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:13 PM

I found this on the RR isd site. Looks like they are closed, but perhaps if they plead their case, they could find her a spot. I don't know how it all wroks or why they don't do it.

Round Rock Independent School District - Transfers

Also, have them try all surrounding districts, there are quite a few.

Last edited by another_hot-day; 09-11-2007 at 01:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin