Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:14 AM

24 posts, read 53,932 times

Advertisements

Racism by who? It seems like the workers at Delta and the airport are 90% black. I was thinking about moving to Atlanta but it seems like its a city just for progressive blacks... am I wrong??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM

1,133 posts, read 4,190,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Also I would definately prefer a 3.5 hr trip to the FL panhandle beaches or Charleston, Hilton Head or Savannah vs. a 3.5 hr trip to South Padre.
Dude, you are totally hauling butt if you get to Charleston in under 4 hours. I'm known to have a heavy foot and have trekked back and forth from intown Atlanta to James Island and Mt. Pleasant and I've squeezed in just under 5 hours. I've made it to Savannah in about 4 though.

Dead In Suburbia -- I didn't realize you made your escape, welcome! You forgot to add that those of us "inside the perimeter" didn't want to go OTP.

My old neighbors keep emailing me about the awful crime in Atlanta. My girlfriend puts her laptop in her dryer with a towel on top of it every time she leaves the house. What a way to live. I'm so glad to shed that worry about someone breaking in my house... it's awful to live in fear that way.

I'd say there still is more work and opportunities in Atlanta than Austin. I still have recruiters contacting me about jobs in Atlanta, not realizing that I'm no longer there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin