Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 PM

477 posts, read 1,580,955 times

Advertisements

Buccaneers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 08:03 PM

718 posts, read 2,360,886 times
We moved from Tennessee, I could not believe all of the Titans jerseys I saw around town! The bad thing is, unless it is Vince Young, no one knows who you are talking about! I saw some dude at the local Wally World wearing a Frank Wycheck jersey and asked how Frank had played this past season. The poor dude was like, he had a pretty good season. Frank retired years ago dude, get with it!

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM

28 posts, read 68,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twange View Post
In this order:

1.)Browns
2.)Texans (I have empathy towards cities that have lost pro franchises)
3-30.)fill in next 28 spots in any order, with any other NFL team
31.)Cowboys
32.)Ravens

Seriously, there are fans of many teams here. It's one of the things I really like about Austin(as far as pro sports are concerned)

You mean to watch Vince Young hold a clipboard?
I know most responses are comical and show their loyalty toward the Longhorns but make no mistake..this is 100% Dallas Cowboy country. Not even close. In recent years, some people are disappointed with Jerry Jones and all his questionable acquisitions but, 35 miles outside of Houston, the state of Texas is Cowboy country, especially Austin.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:04 PM

587 posts, read 1,420,073 times
I would assume that in addition to Vince Young being a Longhorn, there would be some Titans fans because they were fans of the Houston Oilers, but maybe not, since I haven't seen anyone mention that...

At any rate, we assumed it was Cowboys country, as we figured the majority of the state was outside of Houston itself.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Default No assumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by intmd8r View Post
I would assume that in addition to Vince Young being a Longhorn, there would be some Titans fans because they were fans of the Houston Oilers, but maybe not, since I haven't seen anyone mention that...

At any rate, we assumed it was Cowboys country, as we figured the majority of the state was outside of Houston itself.

I'll jump in and ease your assumption. I was a huge Oiler fan as a little girl growing up in Houston and was a faithful fan even as they left town and became the Titans. Now the Titans are my old Oilers and I love them!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:14 PM

2,357 posts, read 7,897,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldupuy View Post
I'll jump in and ease your assumption. I was a huge Oiler fan as a little girl growing up in Houston and was a faithful fan even as they left town and became the Titans. Now the Titans are my old Oilers and I love them!
Good for you. When the Browns left Cleveland and became the Ravens, they replaced the Steelers as my most hated team. Even when Cleveland got the Browns back(kind of...), my hate for the Ravens remained. In fact it's increased over the years.

As for the Oilers, I was bummed when they moved as there were many great games between the Browns/Oilers when I was growing up. They were in the same division with the Browns, Bengals and Steelers...now it's the Ravens.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:05 AM

587 posts, read 1,420,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldupuy View Post
There you go!!

Old 05-01-2009, 11:45 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
Giants. My neighbor who is originally from Houston roots for the Titans.

A lot of folks that I work with are Cowboys fans so I would have to give the local nod to the Cowboys. It's fun going back and forth with them during the season.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM

11 posts, read 25,485 times
eh cowboys and texans both suck so neither. Should have made another option for "other"

Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times
I'm from Philadelphia (Go Eagles!), so basically I like anyone who beats the Cowboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin