Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 03:48 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,712,621 times

Advertisements

I just googled it and found:

Bastrop
San Marcos: 2
Bluebonnet ln in Austin
Racine Trl. in Austin
Bee Cave
Cedar Park on Woodhollow
Taylor
Cedar Park on W. Park
Georgetown/ 2..one on Sereneda
San Antonio
Rutherford in Austin
Parker in Austin
Copperbend in Austin
Luling
Suncrest/San Marcos
Pflugerville on Heatherwilde

If that's confusing, it's just the street name and towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 6,039 times
Default Pflugerville too

I can give a little background and supply you with some information, plus an option.

I live in the Pflugerville Ward of the Austin Texas Stake. As someone mentioned there are 4 stakes here currently. I am not entirely certain but I believe that a bulk of the members live in the suburb areas of Austin. Central Austin has become a little sparse while membership seems to be growing in all suburb areas. I can't say as to which school has the most LDS teens in it. I know that Pflugerville and Henderickson have a fair number. Our ward has close 60 active teens in the YM/YW program. Round Rock High School and some of the Cedar Park area high schools I imagine have a large number of LDS teens. I grew up here in the Austin area and have lived off and on since about 1975 ( I was little then). I have family in a different wards and different stakes here. All of us think ours is the best. To be honest, from the wards I personally know people in, you'll find a large number of families with a variety of number of kids in the Pflugerville, Wells Branch, Anderson Mill, Cedar Park, Carriage Hills, and a few other wards I can't think of at the moment. They are all good.

As far as Lakeway, Steiner Ranch, Cedar Park, Round Rock go, besides Lakeway, you will find large family wards in all of these areas. Lakeway is a ways out from the main metropolis, we know my wife has gone out there for work on a number occasions and doesn't like the drive, but that's just her. Steiner Ranch and Lakeway will have higher home prices, but still good places to live with good members. I love Pflugerville where we live, which is the city just south of Round Rock. Both of these cities are highly populated with high tech employees since we have IBM, Dell, Motorola, AMD, and Applied Materials very close by. Our ward splits the city with Wells Branch ward. Both of our wards are among the largest in the stake and have among the highest number of active families. My family and I moved back here to this area from Ashland, Oregon. We loved it there but were happy to come back home. We have been in Pflugerville for 8 years.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to email me at mike@theashfords.org. I know people in most of the wards through out the area since my family has been here for a long while. I would be glad to help answer any questions.

Good Luck.

Mike

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 04-06-2009 at 04:22 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,913,085 times
I hope your move is a successful one!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 02:50 PM

212 posts, read 1,077,051 times
Hi bwinn,

We relocated to Round Rock from Seattle 2 years ago and love it here. We are in the Walsh Ranch Ward of the Round Rock Stake. It is a great stake and the church is growing in this area. We do miss having a temple close by. I'm not sure about the other 3 Austin area stakes but we have really enjoyed it here, we knew no one when we moved here 2 years ago and have enjoyed making many new friends here.

Feel free to private message me if you have more questions. We really like Round Rock and Pflugerville, it's very family friendly. The only other place I would look at is Steiner Ranch because I like the schools, scenery and being close to water. In TX the school ratings are very important and you will want to do your research on the schools before you move.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:19 PM

347 posts, read 1,568,353 times
I live in Cedar Park and am in the Cypress Creek Ward. It just split a couple of months ago. The half of our ward that was split off was made up of mostly Steiner Ranch. There are about 15 LDS families in Steiner. It's a great area for families and very pretty, but it's far away from everywhere. Restaurants, shopping and movies are all quite a drive.

We're in Deer Creek Ranch and have about a dozen LDS families in the neighborhood. Lots of kids and cheaper houses than Steiner (which is why we moved here). We're a couple of blocks from Cedar Park High school which is where the Cedar park and Steiner kids go.

The church is very close knit here and I really like that. Everyone has been super friendly. PM me if you have any more questions. I have six kids (ages 2-13) and they have felt very welcomed here as well.

Where are you moving from in Oregon? We lived in Wilsonville for 10 years and a lot of our family still lives in Tualatin and Sherwood.

Last edited by jhwest; 04-07-2009 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: mistake

Old 04-10-2009, 06:14 PM

i hope you find a community, as a Independent Fundamental Baptist there are only 3 churches there in Austin , so it will be hard to find a fit, maybe harder than your attempt

Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM

4,726 posts, read 11,989,903 times
Yes, I'd suggest somewhere in Williamson County -- it's full of Republicans.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM

awesome, thats doctor jef--Georgetown seems nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin