Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 06:05 PM

1,544 posts, read 1,191,648 times

Advertisements

I hate our Georgetown Randalls. Every time I would go there, I would leave angry for a variety of reasons, none of which ever happen at HEB. So I just never go anymore.

1. ridiculously high prices
2. terrible produce.
3. terrible fish counter
4. meat looks good, but cooks up tough and tasteless
5. groceries often get rung up wrong or the sale price doesn't get on the receipt even tho the Randalls card was used. So I would have to go back to get the refund, because the receipts are hard to decipher and had to really look them over when I got home.
6. staff at our store is often rude and always look bored to tears and like they could give a rat's @ss
7. It is very rare that the checker looks up to make eye contact or ever greets us. It's weird because they almost ALL behave this way, like it's part of their employee training to be rude or unhelpful to the customer. Or maybe they're so depressed to work there that they can't manage a smile or greeting. In the many, many years of going to HEB, I have never encountered this from their employees or management.
8. Store manager behaves the same way and his attitude seems to be "the customer is never right".

Before Randalls came to GT, I would go to the Cedar Park or RR Randalls on my way home from work and didn't have these experiences at either store. I was so excited to hear that Randalls was coming to GT. But once they came and we kept having one negative visit after another, we finally swore them off forever. At the Cedar Park Randalls years ago, I was charged for a cake that never made it into my bag. So I called the store and the manager actually delivered that cake TO MY HOUSE PERSONALLY! That's how good that store was.

But for some reason, the GT store has a toxic culture which I can only guess is a result of the store's bad management which has a trickle down effect to their employees. The store just feels depressing.

In my opinion, Krogers could only be a step up. Can't happen soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin