Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 03:52 PM

739 posts, read 3,058,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC_deLight View Post
Right you are! But keep in mind that it isn't the homeowner causing the problem. The HOA and its management company are the problem. The homeowner has zero control. The owner is simply stuck trying to escape. What purchaser would want to be in the same situation? The HOA is nothing but a liability and a mechanism for sucking money out of the homeowners in there for the benefit of the vendors. The primary beneficiary is the management company.
Wow. You just scared the crap out of me I think I will look at neighborhoods with little HOA presence then. I have heard time and time again you have no due process. You are considered guilty until proven guilty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 05:18 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,399,354 times
Just about every home I'm finding is run by Alliance, is near an active quarry or backs to a busy road. This is getting really discouraging.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:55 PM

31 posts, read 149,804 times
Megan1967, I live in the Oaklands (the neighborhood you drive through to get to Oak Creek). If you are still interested in Oak Creek, shoot me a PM and I will give you the contact info for someone on the Oak Creek HOA board. I'm sure she will glad to help you. Oaklands/Oak Creek are nice neighborhoods, very conveniently located (for Round Rock).

FWIW, I have lived in the Oaklands for 11 years. Up until last year, Alliance was the management company for the neighborhood and I never had a problem with them. Last year our HOA decided to switch to a new management company (Southwest Management Services) and all of a sudden violation letters were going out like crazy, to the point that our board has received a lot of complaints about them. I've received a couple, after not getting a single one from Alliance in all ten years, and even my lawn-obsessed neighbors have received letters for some perceived infraction with their yard.

When I tried to go through Southwest to get approval to put in a stone patio, I submitted the paperwork twice (since they claimed they did not get it the first time), followed up with a phone call to confirm they received it, and then NEVER heard back from them again. Plus they were rude when I did talk with them on the phone. I guess they are too busy looking for homeowners that don't edge their yard frequently enough.

At this point, I'd welcome a switch back to Alliance.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:19 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,399,354 times
Thanks, ParisBurns.

This whole looking for a house in 3 days thing is sort of stressing me out. Helps to have input like this because if I eliminate Alliance neighborhoods I'm pretty restricted in my choices.

Somewhere I must have gotten the info I need as I made a note that my pets would be okay there.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,515 times
how does a home owner fight and get "due process" when dealing with HOA....Southwest Management in Austin

Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
The first thing you should do is read the rules to see if you are in compliance with them.

The management companies are hired by the officers of the Neighborhood Association you live in. Find out who they are and talk to them about the problems you are having and see what they think about it. If you have no luck with them then you may want to consult an attorney.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
I'm curious, what kind of problem are you having?

Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM

58 posts, read 127,177 times
as far as i can tell austin has no limits on number of pets. i have 3 dogs and 4 cats and looked at the animal laws and found nothing about numver of pets
http://www.amlegal.com/austin_nxt/gateway.dll/Texas/austin/title3animalregulation/chapter3-2restrictionsonanimals?f=templates$fn=default.htm$ 3.0$vid=amlegal:austin_tx$anc=JD_3-2-5

Old 05-02-2009, 08:26 PM

72 posts, read 212,071 times
Default CC&R on file with county

Megan,

Go to https://deed.wilco.org. Do a search on "Official Public Records" and enter "Oak Creek" in the grantor. The last document on the first page (document type = "restrictions") should help you out.

Additionally, you can see the amendments, liens and other fun stuff that the HOA files with Williamson County.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin