Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 08:59 AM

6,333 posts, read 18,076,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
What is PJ Media? What are their credentials?
I didn't get very far into the article. When I get the immediate sense that I'm reading something written by a hyperventilating middle schooler, I shoot the messenger and move on.

I like my "news" to be deadpan, just the facts and information, not sensationalized with superlatives and the overuse of adjectives. That's not news or information, it's biased story-telling with an agenda.

And this sort of garbage writing, which is NOT Journalism, is what most of the country consumes now, which is why half the country are idiots, and the other half also idiots, with a shrinking sliver of us in the middle who like to know all points of view, all sides of a story, including issues that, on face, I'm pretty sure I'm "against", but still want to know the rationale behind the thinking so I can give it deeper thought.

F- on this "paper".

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 12:41 PM

940 posts, read 1,905,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I'm suspicious of any website that has a political agenda.

Wow now that's really astute. Instead of researching the topic assume it's all a lie because of "agenda" or something. So guess what, I have a political agenda for wokesters, maybe like time to wake.

So show me a website without an agenda and in trade I will do your research for you. You guys voted these people in and someone from Houston knows more about what they doing with this "agenda" than you? You can thank PJMedia for that.

So here you go - right down to item #54: https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/do....cfm?id=358528

Last edited by groovamos; 07-06-2021 at 12:49 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 12:57 PM

15,273 posts, read 35,693,423 times
Reuters is about the only reliable source out there anymore.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:59 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,521,756 times
I'm pretty certain the people who voted them in knew their political leanings and agreed....so there's no need for any enlightenment.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:23 PM

181 posts, read 160,476 times
@Trainwereck20 -agree on Reuters, although they are teetering on the edge. Still beats entertainment news such as CNN, MSNBC, and Fox by a long shot.

@austin-steve - "I like my "news" to be deadpan, just the facts and information, not sensationalized with superlatives and the overuse of adjectives. That's not news or information, it's biased story-telling with an agenda." - completely agree, hard to find though.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:43 PM

12,960 posts, read 13,386,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I'm pretty certain the people who voted them in knew their political leanings and agreed....so there's no need for any enlightenment.
Too bad for Flannigan that he didn’t enlighten the voters about his opponent’s extensive & very shady social media/Internet background.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:56 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,641,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovamos View Post
Wow now that's really astute. Instead of researching the topic assume it's all a lie because of "agenda" or something. So guess what, I have a political agenda for wokesters, maybe like time to wake.

So show me a website without an agenda and in trade I will do your research for you. You guys voted these people in and someone from Houston knows more about what they doing with this "agenda" than you? You can thank PJMedia for that.

So here you go - right down to item #54: https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/do....cfm?id=358528
I'm not leftist, but a free thinking Independent. The first thing I seen on the link in the op was something about being the "most conservative news source". That's all I need to see. Whether a conservative or liberal website, if they announce on their website their political persuasion, I usually dismiss it as being a partisan website. They tend to spin the facts to best suit their agenda.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:24 AM

268 posts, read 181,627 times
Forget the source and their leanings....is the article correct or not?

That should be the real question here.

Is this fake news or is this true about this guy?

If it is true.....this is a real tragic situation.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:30 AM

15,273 posts, read 35,693,423 times
A quick glance shows it does a lot of 'begging the question' - it doesn't really answer some key questions (or even ask), but assumes that the unknown answers are 'nefarious'. It doesn't answer any real questions, so it isn't about whether it is correct or not, it is incomplete.

Old 07-07-2021, 09:36 AM

268 posts, read 181,627 times
The question remains...why the hell was that guy roaming free to begin with?

No wonder our crime rates in larger TX cities have gone through the roof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: