Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2008, 06:33 PM

147 posts, read 695,458 times

Advertisements

I had occasion to drive through River Place the other day (don't worry Miss Gigi, I was just turnin around, not thinking of moving in) and I was shocked by what was posted at the front entrance on their sign board:

Dad's in the Mood April 26-27th

I thought hoooweee! That is one tight HOA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 PM

1,207 posts, read 6,278,452 times
jimmyjack, you'd be welcome in River Place but the event is Dads In The HOOD, not Dads In the Mood! It's where all the dads in the neighborhood take their kids camping overnight in the park!!!

Old 04-12-2008, 08:21 AM

147 posts, read 695,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi927 View Post
jimmyjack, you'd be welcome in River Place but the event is Dads In The HOOD, not Dads In the Mood! It's where all the dads in the neighborhood take their kids camping overnight in the park!!!
Sorry Maam, my mistake. Sounds like yall are doing it up right out there. You might have them keep an eye out for any kids down at the park showin up by themselves, I might not have been the only one who misread the sign

Old 04-12-2008, 12:11 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,574,446 times
I might have to make a slight modification to the sign tonight ...Funny thing is there was a lady in the hood who's cell number was on that board as a contact for the "DAD's in the HOOD" event ...made my day

Old 04-12-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S6Sputnik View Post
I might have to make a slight modification to the sign tonight ...Funny thing is there was a lady in the hood who's cell number was on that board as a contact for the "DAD's in the HOOD" event ...made my day
I called her and left her a crank message looking for a good time (she IS a friend of mine, I'm not just a bored housewife).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:09 AM

233 posts, read 1,045,951 times
I'll bet 'Dad' was in the mood for a hot cup of coffee and a warm bed. I saw all of the tents set up on Saturday night, must have been quite a scene with the storm Sunday morning.....

Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM

The dads were told to NOT sleep in the park Saturday night. One of the local weathermen lives in RP and he was on the forecast minute by minute, and at 3 p.m. the coordinator told everyone that a huge storm was expected to roll through right around 4 to 6 a.m. Most of the dads (including my husband) abandoned camp around 10 p.m. and brought the little ones home. The dads who stayed said that their kids really started getting freaked out when the lightning storm started. Weather guy was eerily accurate with the timing of the forecast.

When my husband returned to the park Sunday morning, he said the campsites looked like Armageddon had rolled through - people had left their tents open so water was just running through them, stuff floating everywhere....ICK. But, the kids had a great time!!!!!

Old 04-28-2008, 11:13 AM
AGA

729 posts, read 2,706,628 times
Just what boys love!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin