Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2018, 05:05 AM

68 posts, read 70,972 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Does anyone know any information about these new townhomes? I've seen all I can from their website but wondering about the surrounding area for esthetics, safety, etc. as well as any feedback regarding Oak Hill Elementary school that is the school zoned for this community. It has a 6 rating from GR, which is fine. Any input is appreciated as we are moving soon and have to secure a rental from afar! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2018, 09:46 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,854,070 times
Aesthetics of the surrounding area? Did you google map it and walk yourself down both directions of the street? Did you see all the trailers and old shacks on the side of the street? Yes, there are multiple brand new apartment complexes that have recently been built in the past couple of years on the street and even a neighborhood of newer homes, but it's an old 1 lane (each direction) street with a lot of over-grown brush that is frustrating to drive when you get behind the 25 mph driver. Really only 2 ways in and out, off 290 and then 71. The 290 exit can take a while to get out into traffic with the left turn. At least at 71 there is a light.

My daughter did gymnastics at NEG and we would take Old Bee Caves Rd to avoid the old, dangerous left turn from 71 (there is now a turn lane), so I drove it for 4 years... It's not "pretty'...

Old 08-08-2018, 10:29 AM

Thanks, that is helpful information! I did put the address in Google Earth but the images were from 2015 or 2016 and I know the entire area is growing so fast that those images may not be how things currently appear. Thanks for the input! I will continue searching.

Old 08-08-2018, 10:32 AM

9,854 posts, read 13,746,726 times
I got turned around in that area one day at three in the afternoon. It was rough trying to turn left so much so that I went a round about way to my destination by turning right. Drive out there. See how horrible it is.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Good to know! Our house here sells at the end of the month so we need to secure a rental for move in Sept 1st. We were just there last month so we're familiar with some of the area but couldn't see everything and won't be able to look around once we arrive, we'll need to move right in somewhere as we'll have the kids, the cat and a home's worth of stuff! I wish we had the luxury of driving around to check different places out first. Thanks to both of you for the comments; I am going to keep searching as this location doesn't seem favorable! Thanks!

Old 08-08-2018, 12:34 PM

What about the Vista Hills Condos on Rialto Blvd.? From Google Earth that area looks nicer. According to a regular map the two areas aren't side by side but they are zoned for the same elementary school so not sure how much of a difference there is in the areas?

Old 08-08-2018, 01:24 PM

9,854 posts, read 13,746,726 times
What is your reason for focusing on the oak hill area? The area’s traffic is some of the worst in the city. There are preliminary plans for the 290/71 interchange but there is not finding for it. I looked at the area as I was moving south of the river and crossed it off my list due to the traffic congestion and distance from central Austin where most of the things I was doing outside of work were.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:32 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,854,070 times
If you like that area and want a newer complex, check out Landmark Conservancy at the complete opposite end of Old Bee Caves Rd nearest 71 for easy in and out, or the Covered Bridge apartments on 71.

Old 08-08-2018, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
What is your reason for focusing on the oak hill area? The area’s traffic is some of the worst in the city. There are preliminary plans for the 290/71 interchange but there is not finding for it. I looked at the area as I was moving south of the river and crossed it off my list due to the traffic congestion and distance from central Austin where most of the things I was doing outside of work were.
I am trying to find a condo/townhome within a decent commute to Cedar Valley and those were the areas popping up as available. I am definitely not tied to that area (unless cost requires me to be) so if there are other areas that would be within a 30 minute or less commute to Cedar Valley I would absolutely welcome recommendations! We really liked Lakeway when we visited but that was before the job was confirmed so now we're trying to focus on SW Austin and possibly out towards Dripping Springs if the commute is doable as well. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
If you like that area and want a newer complex, check out Landmark Conservancy at the complete opposite end of Old Bee Caves Rd nearest 71 for easy in and out, or the Covered Bridge apartments on 71.

Thank you, I will look into those now!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin