Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 12:59 PM

49 posts, read 99,532 times

Advertisements

Such overwhelming responses!

Thanks all for your inputs. Very interesting thoughts and gave me a pretty good idea about Austin in general. I would need to visit the city once to experience it myself. NW seems like the place for Asians.

To answer a few of the questions asked to me -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin97 View Post
Why would you leave DC? What is missing from DC that you want to move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Lots of questions, here are a few comments:
Edit: And as mentioned above, what is driving the move in the first place?
Despite my love for the city, everything has changed since my child was born. Where I live (NE area, east of Union Station) is being gentrified quite fast. It's great that the area is continuously improving but RIGHT NOW, the area is not very safe and very rough. Simply the environment is not ideal for raising a family in my opinion. For me and my wife, we can bear it, but not for the kid.

Most importantly though, my child is now about a year old, starting to recognize more and more things. People littering, cursing, screaming, splitting and smokings are just far too common here and that I really do not want my child to be influenced by those. With some exceptions, people around my neighborhoods are generally not very pleasant. We get asked for money almost daily. We have kids in the street vandalizing things. The list goes on and on.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin