Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:45 AM

944 posts, read 3,956,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madfocus View Post
wow, i can compare 6th street to Tempe, lots of drunken kids, which makes you think about college then realize how old you really are ha ha.
If Tempe is mostly college kids then it's a step above 6th Street, which has become invaded by teens with fake ID's and all manner of thuggery, plus lots of tourists who gawk at the scene and wander around looking amazed. It's like a cross between Bourbon Street and the underground rock districts of some cities (I don't know where those are any more) --- there are good clubs on Red River but it's all pretty hard core metal, punk, goth, etc. Great people-watching, you have to go once at least just to check it out.
Quote:
How's the water in texas?
It varies depending on if you have city, rural cooperative, or well water, what aquifer you're over, etc. Some places the water is exquisite, some places it's kinda nasty. Mostly it's pretty decent. I drank Austin city tap water the last year I was living in Austin and didn't mind the taste, although you can detect the chlorine and other minerals and it's not as good as filtered water. My rural water district had some nasty water that I couldn't drink, it was absolutely disgusting, so I had to buy all my drinking water since I didn't have a good enough filtering system for all the junk that was in that glop that came out of my faucet. That was down toward Lockhart, I won't mention the name of the water company....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2006, 11:54 AM

9 posts, read 40,889 times
Default tasty

i guess to make things safe, i will bring my water thingy and just buy those 5 galloon waters.

How's the whole holiday rush, theme, and culture like in austin? i'm used to snow in the holidays but being in arizona and other places its hard to get all festive with lots of sun around. I'm getting used to it and i've been to some places where they would have fake snow in the malls.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:57 AM

122 posts, read 180,462 times
Quote:
i guess to make things safe, i will bring my water thingy and just buy those 5 galloon waters.

How's the whole holiday rush, theme, and culture like in austin? i'm used to snow in the holidays but being in arizona and other places its hard to get all festive with lots of sun around. I'm getting used to it and i've been to some places where they would have fake snow in the malls.
I have always spent my time in Austin our Mexico for the holidays so i couldn't give you a good comparison. Sometimes their is snow (: New Years is always fun in Austin kinda like Bourbon street without the chances of getting mugged. The 1000 times i have been downtown i have never had one problem in Austin the first time i go to Bourbon street for new years i get mugged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin