Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 PM

389 posts, read 1,572,909 times

Advertisements

I would second that. Two thumbs up to Nutty Brown Cafe!
A fantastic place, especially for families, and great music. A real credit to the area.

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 09:43 PM

675 posts, read 1,907,047 times
Anyone who would complain about loud music coming from the Nutty Brown Cafe should move to Dallas.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:39 PM

5 posts, read 21,568 times
Thumbs up I Agree.

Well stated tanya, and I totally agree.
The Cafe has been here longer than most people out here have been in Texas.
Once in awhile I can smell the Salt Lick too, but I'm not bothered by it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyagail View Post
Ok, just gotta put my 2 cents in here. Especially because I am one of those who lives behind the cafe along Nutty Brown Rd in Belterra and supposedly "have it even worse".

First of all, I am very sad to read this post and see that it regards the music from Nutty Brown Cafe as a "noise problem" and a "disruption". It is only really a Saturday night here and there that we can even here any music, and it is just that, music--not loud drunk screaming, no horns honking, no semi-trucks screeching by. It is by no means like living right behind 6th Street!

Second, we can't hear it at all if we are inside the house, just if we outside on the patio or walking up the path to the front door. Since our home is really very close to the cafe, I'm not even sure how others are hearing it so much louder than us. None of my neighbors seemed worried about it either---so for anyone thinking of Belterra, please let me ease your fears. It is really not a big deal at all. Especially for the wonderful community you are getting with it.

I do appreciate the "warning" for the OP because the last thing I would want is to have anybody move into the area and THEN complain. It is an amazing establishment that we find a privilege to have in our community.

Keep Nutty Brown Cafe!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 PM

6,333 posts, read 18,075,142 times
Quote:
If you know the way the commute to Texas State San Marcos would be very easy, you dont even need to get on IH35.
And when 45 is punched through, there will be that option.
Steve

Old 03-11-2008, 12:10 PM

26 posts, read 111,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drip View Post
Once in awhile I can smell the Salt Lick too, but I'm not bothered by it at all.
Wow...to be able to live in a place where you can smell the Salt Lick. Sounds like my idea of heaven!

Old 01-28-2021, 03:40 PM

1 posts, read 362 times
This chat is amazingly helpful. We are living in East Austin but looking for a nice get away where we can relax and hike a bit. No children, with no plans to change that this lifetime, but we are in our 40s so looking for fun community but not necessarily college buzz.

Old 01-28-2021, 05:56 PM

9,854 posts, read 13,731,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATA-Austin View Post
This chat is amazingly helpful. We are living in East Austin but looking for a nice get away where we can relax and hike a bit. No children, with no plans to change that this lifetime, but we are in our 40s so looking for fun community but not necessarily college buzz.
You may want to look for some more updated threads. This one is from 2007.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin