Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 09:30 AM

12,969 posts, read 28,533,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennibc View Post
Stop stereotyping Circle C! It's nothing like Round Rock, we have trees that are hundreds of years old in our 'hood.
Next time you are heading up I-35, get off at FM620 and turn left over the highway, then right at the first light (Chisholm Trail) and within a block you'll be surrounded by huge old oak trees, and a park with life-sized bronze sculptures of the longhorn cattle which used to pass on the... yes!... Chisholm Trail! And just ahead, in the river, is the huge round rock that was the landmark for where the cattle and wagons crossed the river. Yep, THAT round rock! And the first post office was opened nearby in 1851.

Then heading back across the freeway a couple of blocks, past the old water tower, you get to the old Main Street, and though it's lined with cars today, you can squint your eyes a little and imagine the Old West days and walk around and read the historical plaques about the famous Sam Bass shootout in 1878 and stop at Junior's Grill and Icehouse for a cold brew and a pretty tasty hamburger. Not quite Smashburger, but mighty friendly.

And in spite of all that history, and tons of old trees, it also has a Steak and Shake, which I'll personally take over Smashburger.

Circle C subdivision, on the other hand, is just a planned community that was built starting in 1983.

Last edited by OpenD; 06-09-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2012, 11:09 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,922,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Have to say I don't know anything about them. Just thought I'd pass along the news, especially since the brand was mentioned in the thread about the Parkside Village/Alamo Drafthouse center. I reckon it's a tad less generic than some other options.
Burgers, Cheeseburgers & Fast Casual Dining Restaurants | Smashburger

Smashburger is an American chain of fast casual burger restaurants founded in 2007, in Denver, Colorado, with over 100 locations in the US...

Old 06-10-2012, 07:09 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,991,220 times
There's one in Tyler and my mother loves it!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:51 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,608,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RooCeleste View Post
There's one in Tyler and my mother loves it!
As long as they don't serve 'slime', I'll give it a shot at some point.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:07 PM

46 posts, read 94,253 times
The group that ones the ones in Tyler along with several other chains are an awesome group of guys. I believe part of their group is doing the one in Austin as well... I believe it was suppose to go in the Parkside Village there at Circle C but maybe those plans have changed.

Not sure why there is always so much hate on the Circle C area... its not much different then any of the other communities out there... The rich don't live there and the cost of living there isnt much different then its surrounding area... Oh well haters gunna hate. And no I dont live in Circle C.. I live in tanglehood! haha

Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,991,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin=Heaven View Post
The group that ones the ones in Tyler along with several other chains are an awesome group of guys. I believe part of their group is doing the one in Austin as well... I believe it was suppose to go in the Parkside Village there at Circle C but maybe those plans have changed.

Not sure why there is always so much hate on the Circle C area... its not much different then any of the other communities out there... The rich don't live there and the cost of living there isnt much different then its surrounding area... Oh well haters gunna hate. And no I dont live in Circle C.. I live in tanglehood! haha
Very true - I grew up with Jeff, who is part of that group. I do know they have a WingStop in Cedar Park but he said they don't have rights to Smashburger in the same area.

Old 06-19-2012, 08:47 AM

46 posts, read 94,253 times
"Big box" stores will always be the first to go in they are anchor stores... if you have any business knowledge you would know anchor stores are what bring in business (customers) as well as other businesses (stores). They are a must for the success of a new development. A business savvy store owner is not going to go into a new location that does not offer a new store.. hence why Targets, Walmarts, HEBs, Whole Foods, etc.. are littered with a million stores around them. Not only that but they bring value to the surrounding areas... An Amy's Ice Cream on the corner isnt going to bring in value or customers to the area... sure they might do alright with it's followers but they have better luck going into a shopping center with big box stores... Hence why there are two of them in the Southpark meadows shopping center... by target (big box store) and the movie theater and sams club (big box stores).

Now onto Circle C... get over yourself and stop hating... also look at some facts... 90% of the stores in the Circle C parkside village shopping center are locally owned... Alamo Drafthouse, Pro Nails, ADC, TCBY, ATX Bikes, and I believe the Coffee Bean... As you go down slaughter where the HEB is several of those are also Locally owned and operated hence why one of them is called Austin Scoops! The only thing in the area that is "big box" is HEB.. which technically is a Texas Owned and operated business... Also big houses little lots... pretty sure the lots are much bigger than the majority of lots throughout austin.. Sadly new developers cram as many houses into their area as possible so its hard to find larger lots.

And to say amys is awesome and adds character... yes it taste awesome and is a cool place which I enjoy... but to say its not a chain or is better then the so called chains going in is laughable... You realize they have started to expand into Houston San Antonio etc... It's no longer your local ice cream shop...

Also the government makes it pretty hard for a small business owner to start a business and maintain a business... hence why you see more chains... Unless you are not a citizen and don't have to pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin