Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 02:48 PM

250 posts, read 580,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
Walked into Cuisine Fusion on Washington Road a couple weeks ago...planned on dining there but after taking a look at the buffet and atmosphere- decided against it. It was pretty warm in there, not visually appealing, and the food buffet was small and didn't have the selection I was expecting.

Doubt it lasts long.
Agreed i was dissapointed. It will be gone by August
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 02:50 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
Well said Seaspur. Too many heavyweights on Washington Rd. Whatever goes there is going to have to be good. Not a start-up or serves bad food. Look at the Zaxby's, Raising Cane's which was located at the same location, wasn't doing half the business that Zaxby's is doing. I'll tell you why they wasn't doing half the business that Zaxby's is doing, ever had a naked chicken finger (chicken finger w/o breading)? Well go to Raising Cane's. Every time I got chicken fingers from them, the chicken didn't have any breading on it, mind you the breading had all the seasoning, so I pretty much was eating unseasoned chicken. Don't know about y'all but unseasoned chicken is nasty.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:55 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,121 times
^^

Not to mention Raising Cane was overpriced and the menu had no variety...I mean, we know you are specializing in chicken fingers- but that isn't ALL you can sell.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
^ Yeah, I mean, it was...good...but it wasn't worth going out of the way to go to...

Old 05-09-2010, 10:59 PM

41 posts, read 113,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSpur View Post
^^

Not to mention Raising Cane was overpriced and the menu had no variety...I mean, we know you are specializing in chicken fingers- but that isn't ALL you can sell.
Augusta does not support new restaurants very well. Alot have opened and closed not even 1 year or 2 later. Broad Street Market downtown is a prime example. North Augusta however is where new restaurants should locate. Manuals Bread Cafe and the new Itailian Restrant in downtown N. Augusta are packed everytime I go when I visit family. Pretty soon Augusta will be a suburb of North Augusta.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:15 PM

197 posts, read 611,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmans77 View Post
Agreed i was dissapointed. It will be gone by August
I hope this place is gone by then or sooner. I am so ready for a WORTHWHILE restaurant to occupy that lot which is a PRIME location which deserves better than that crap. A Boston Market or Chiptole would do very well there. but please TEAR DOWN that crappy old Hardees building and rebuild that area. Mc Donalds and the whole Kroger development, The Fresh Market, and many hotels have torn down their dated buildings for new ones and has made a huge difference in the look and feel of this area. West Augusta is just as nice as Evans now. Next the crappy Cuisine Fusion should be torn down, Krispy Kreme should rebuild and the Stien Mart, BAM area should renovate.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:33 PM

1,163 posts, read 2,099,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclingdawg View Post
I hope this place is gone by then or sooner. I am so ready for a WORTHWHILE restaurant to occupy that lot which is a PRIME location which deserves better than that crap. A Boston Market or Chiptole would do very well there.
I agree with you on something really good needing to go there...I would think the real estate price tag would be too high for something like "Cuisine Fusion" to even open their doors...but I guess not.

To be honest, I was fine when Fazoli's was there- I actually liked that place but it seems Augusta nor Aiken can make it work. Chipotle could work as they are finally making their way towards this area...but it would be awfully close to Moe's (which I prefer over the two).

I think whatever goes in that location needs to be something you can actually SIT at and dine in...nothing FAST food. Getting in and out of that lot is a pain unless you are coming from Boy Scout.

I'm really hoping for a Buffalo Wild Wings to come to the area. It trumps Wild Wings in a big way.

Oh, and a Which Wich? would be awesome in Augusta. Great restaurant concept with great food.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:18 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
The frame is up for what's going on Windsor Spring road.

Their is also supposed to be some type of small (6,000) retail center. About 3 minutes from this area(between woodlake subdivision and windsor spring elementary). The median on Windsor Spring is going to be full in a couple of years...

Old 05-12-2010, 05:45 PM

148 posts, read 263,526 times
a sign is in front of an abandoned Huddle House at the corner of Washington Road and North Belair for an "Authentic Turkish Restaurant".

uh, will it last 6 months? a Turkish restaurant in the CSRA?

Old 05-13-2010, 09:18 AM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
It better serve good food. If the food is good and the prices are fair. It will last. If not It'll be gone in a matter of months. Let me put it like this, Peking on Washington Rd. has been around forever. They don't have the best Chinese or the worst. But they serve food that is tasty and at a fair price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area