Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times

Advertisements

Right now I would say Peach Orchard is #1, Tobacco Rd is #2, and Windsor Spring rd is #3. When it comes to restaurants/retail. But Windsor Spring is gaining fast.

Colony Plaza is at the intersection of I-520/Windsor Spring/Peach Orchard. The development will add 4 acres. Will start in the net 1-2 months....

Lot 1 contains .96 acres and is located at the eastern end of Colony Plaza

Lot 2 contains 1.04 acres and is located at the southeastern end of Colony Plaza.

Lot 3 contains 1.87 acres and is located at the south end of Colony Plaza along the northside of Sconyers Way.
http://www.augustaga.gov/archives/41...c%20agenda.pdf (broken link)

New 6,000 sq. ft. retail center. Located at 2558 Windsor Spring road. Between Windsor Spring elementary and Woodlake Subdivision. Will start in the next 1-2 months.
Planning & Zoning - Project Search Details

2558 windsor spring rd augusta ga - Google Maps

New 5 acre retail center. At the intersection of Windsor Spring/Richmond Hill rd. Owner has spent over $200,000 clearing and grading the property. It is now ready to be built on.
LoopNet - Windsor Springs/Richmond Hill Road, 4.69 acres, Retail (land), 2308 Windsor Springs Road, Augusta, GA

I like the design of Windsor Spring when you pass Meadow Brook. Where you can put retail/restaurants in the middle of the medians in the road. The 6,000 sq. ft. center will be like this. There is already a Checkers, Sprint, and Car Wash in the median.

Now another development is under construction beside the Car Wash. Might be retail or restaurant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 07:13 PM

126 posts, read 307,772 times
Oh yes this will happen. Windsor Spring Road will become the premiere shopping destination for tattoos, wigs and and car rims.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:28 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by par4him View Post
Oh yes this will happen. Windsor Spring Road will become the premiere shopping destination for tattoos, wigs and and car rims.
Whistle-Tip Muffler Shop anyone???

They're for decoration! They go woo-woo!!!

(I bet nobody knows what I'm talking about)

Old 03-02-2010, 12:03 PM

614 posts, read 1,100,867 times
I do, and don't care cause that is soooooo old. How you got Tobacco Rd. at #2? I'd rather go with Padgett/56. T's restaurant is better than anything that's on Tobacco rd. There would be more development in South Augusta/South Richmond if majority of the people that worked out there lived out there. I have a relative that works for E-Z Go, but lives in Evans. A lot of the people that got laid off from the plants live in South Augusta. And despite the fact that they have Ft. Gordon and all of its people, not a lot of construction is going on in South Augusta/South Richmond. I have lived on the Southside and the Westside. And I'll tell you one thing--living on the Westside will make you love Augusta, but living on the Southside will make you hate Augusta.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:15 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
There is alot of home construction going on in South Augusta and South Richmond... But now the retail and restaurants are starting to get built....

Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 PM

Oooh, the Magician sounds a little testy, why's that?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:27 PM

Don't play with me Nortonguy. I like the fact that you rep for Augusta, but lets not exaggerate. No restaurants have been built since IHOP. There will always be homes being built on the Southside because of Ft. Gordon. I'm concerned about other things. Like why isn't there even a movie theater on this side of town? We have the population not only for that, but for at least a power center like AE or even a mall the size of the one in Aiken. There's more people in South Augusta/South Richmond then there is in Aiken. I recently moved back and forgot how bad it is.
c .xbkmbnmkbm;gnlf';,';m;;klmr

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 PM

A 6,000 sq. ft. strip mall isn't really anything to get excited about nortonguy...

Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM

No, I don't. I just moved back recently and forgot how bad it is over here. When you go up I-520 towards west augusta, it's like you are leaving the country and entering the city. Like right at that moment when you see the mall in the foreground and the AE in the background. All of the hustle and bustle. All of the places to eat: Romas Pizza, Barberitos, Harbor Inn, Logans Roadhouse. I know a lot of people think the mall is overrated but I can waste 2 hrs+ there. Spend about an hour at Chop House or P.F. Changs or some restaurant in the mall, spend too much time at Barnes and Noble, talk to friends, walk around (great exercise), buy something I shouldn't, eat again, leave and then go see a movie at Regal. That's a saturday or , If I'm off, a great weekday for me. Granted all you can do is shop and dine. But that's what I love to do. When i feel the need to change it up, I go downtown to the riverwalk, walk up and down broad, and then to Brunswick. Or I might go see a movie I missed at Masters Cinema and then walk to Robbies and chill out there before I go home. Can't do any of that on the Southside.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM

EastsideDave I'll get excited when they announce the tenants they have lined up. I'm not going to be celebrating ANOTHER Dollar General, Freds, or any other craptastic store. I know that the dollar stores are a great place to save money, but don't we have enough of them already in Augusta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area