Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 08:17 AM

2 posts, read 37,500 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of relocating to the Augusta area. We have two small children, one starting kindergarten next year. Can anyone tell me where the best schools and the most family friendly neighborhoods are? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 11:38 AM

351 posts, read 884,134 times
You need to look at the Thomson area for sure.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 PM

4 posts, read 46,397 times
Everyone seems to be running to Columbia County. The school system is overcrowded and their property taxes are ridicules.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 PM

726 posts, read 3,602,458 times
Davidson In Augusta
http://www.davidsonfinearts.org/DFAHome.nsf/first+page?OpenPage (broken link)

Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 AM

39 posts, read 394,266 times
Default Check out...

North Augusta, right across the river in the Augusta area. I moved here 14 years ago from MI and have lived in Augusta, Columbia County (Evans) and now have lived in North Augusta for 7 years. We have small kids and love it here. Low crime, lots of community activities and it has a small town feel, while being close to larger areas for shopping, etc. North Augusta is really growing and doing a great job at planning. We are considering a transfer to Savannah and I am not sure that I want to leave NA!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:10 PM

11 posts, read 65,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleonarock View Post
North Augusta, right across the river in the Augusta area. I moved here 14 years ago from MI and have lived in Augusta, Columbia County (Evans) and now have lived in North Augusta for 7 years. We have small kids and love it here. Low crime, lots of community activities and it has a small town feel, while being close to larger areas for shopping, etc. North Augusta is really growing and doing a great job at planning. We are considering a transfer to Savannah and I am not sure that I want to leave NA!
North Augusta is actually in South Carolina isn't it? How are the housing prices there?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:25 AM

275 posts, read 1,288,581 times
North Augusta is an excellent choice, and yes it is in SC, but only minutes away from GA. I would suggest Columbia County, Thomson is up I-20 a bit and more country. Martinez, Evans, maybe some parts of Grovetown...just not in the city itself. Someone said Columbia County's property taxes are ridiculous, I guess it's all depends on what you are comparing it to. Personally I would rather pay "higher" property taxes and have better schools and from your original post I think that's what's important to you.
As far as neighborhoods....what price range are you looking for? Give a us a lil more info and we could be of more help to you I'm sure.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:27 PM

39 posts, read 394,266 times
North Augusta has very good prices on housing, but they tend to sell quickly, so you need to stay on top of it when you are looking. Our house just sold in 9 days!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 AM

3 posts, read 49,153 times
No your all wrong move down to South Augusta,the houseing prices are fair

Old 05-04-2007, 01:33 AM

3 posts, read 49,153 times
Default Augusta is the place to be

Augusta Georgia just happens to be one of the best places to live in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area