Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 06:15 AM

15 posts, read 74,105 times

Advertisements

Not sure if ATL is the right spot.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 AM

15 posts, read 64,547 times
ok, maybe i'm not working the whole COLA thing right- try a different approach...
here in ohio, 60k will procure a decent, average lifestyle. Decent house, decent car, decent lifestyles.

By the time we move, i'll have my associates degree in welding, and my wife will be well on her way to a bachelors in hotel/resturant management with 3 years experience. I don't know what these jobs generally pay in the metro atlanta area. you tell me.

For right now, we'd want to rent an average 3 bedroom home or apt. and once we're sure we wish to stay in an area, we'll consider buying, an average, run of the mill home- you know- 3 beds, maybe a full basement, or garage- 1500-2000 sq ft. nothing special. just a place to keep warm and dry.

Thanks, all!
i like the oneliners! lol

Valkyrie_Veritech

Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,883,354 times
Well, point is, in the newer apartments in good neighborhoods, you can easily plunk down $1,200.00 a month or more on a 3BR apartment. While you can find a 3BR older ranch type home in the $180k range in places like West Cobb or Paulding, you're not exactly going to find neighbors who will go, "Oh, so... you're swingers? Wellllll... isn't that nice?".

If you're open about your extra-activities at all, then yeah, you need to live in places like Midtown, Little Five Points - MAYBE Inman Park or Grant Park folks could handle it - and you're going to plunk down $350,000 to $500,000 for a small home in those areas EASY, and with crime that's maybe higher than you want to deal with having the kids.

Can't speak for the jobs. Construction welding jobs are always in high demand here (but usually snatched up by Mexican workers quick), and hotels aren't in a high peak time right now as fewer people travel, so not sure how a management position would pan out for her in that area.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:32 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post

If you're open about your extra-activities at all, then yeah, you need to live in places like Midtown, Little Five Points - MAYBE Inman Park or Grant Park folks could handle it - and you're going to plunk down $350,000 to $500,000 for a small home in those areas EASY, and with crime that's maybe higher than you want to deal with having the kids.
Well, from what I hear, the Bridgemill subdivision up by me in Canton is a big haven for swingers- they reportedly cruise around the Publix with upside down pineapples in their carts as the "signal" to other swingers. Someone said that Bridgemill was even mentioned on an episode of Oprah that covered swinging, though I can't verify that. I have been spending some time in that Publix with some inverted produce in my cart, though, with little luck to date.

There's plenty of woods in the area to go run around in for the pagan rituals as well, and there's reports that a coven of witches operates in some little church in the backwoods area of Canton as well. May be an area worth considering...........

Old 07-29-2008, 10:34 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Well, from what I hear, the Bridgemill subdivision up by me in Canton is a big haven for swingers- they reportedly cruise around the Publix with upside down pineapples in their carts as the "signal" to other swingers. Someone said that Bridgemill was even mentioned on an episode of Oprah that covered swinging, though I can't verify that. I have been spending some time in that Publix with some inverted produce in my cart, though, with little luck to date.

There's plenty of woods in the area to go run around in for the pagan rituals as well, and there's reports that a coven of witches operates in some little church in the backwoods area of Canton as well. May be an area worth considering...........

I remember hearing that about Bridgemill as well, never found out if any truth to it.

Old 07-29-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
they reportedly cruise around the Publix with upside down pineapples in their carts as the "signal" to other swingers.
Crap. THAT'S why I was getting funny looks when I bought the Pineapples last week!

Ok, so before I go buy more fruit - does it mean anything if I come out of the store in my buggy with bananas that are turned the wrong way? No.. wait... never mind. I don't wanna know.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,619,925 times
Y'all better be careful with your 'fruity' escapades. I think law enforcement sometimes plan those type rumors. I remember once reading an ad on Yahoo! about certain shenanigans occurring in a public restroom in a large department store. I wanted my husband to check it out, but of course, he said no. A couple weeks later the principal at our middle school was arrested for participating in said shenanigans. I'd really hate for someone to wind up in the pokey over pineapple.

Old 07-29-2008, 02:52 PM
YAZ

7,707 posts, read 14,084,935 times
Here in AZ, we use mangos.

Pineapples are too expensive. How doya get 'em to stand upside down anyway?

LOL.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM

23,459 posts, read 44,083,751 times
I have a couple of friends in the 'community' and apparently it is alive and very well in the Atlanta metro. To the surprise of some on this thread, L5P is not just where it's going on, but out in the suburbs. Welcome to the age of the internet...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I have a couple of friends in the 'community' and apparently it is alive and very well in the Atlanta metro. To the surprise of some on this thread, L5P is not just where it's going on, but out in the suburbs. Welcome to the age of the internet...
There is a man in the West metro area - let's say Paulding County of all places (yeehaw) that has "parties" for swingers at his "estate". Supposedly there are over 250 couples that belong to this group from the NW, W, SW Georgia and East Alabama areas. You have to have cards showing you've been screened for STDs before you can join and have an "interview". They have pot luck dinners upstairs and "parties" downstairs.

And before anyone goes there - no, I'm not a member. I do photography on the side and did some Ebay photos for a couple who wound up telling me about all of it as they're members themselves. Once again - yeeeeehaw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta