Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2024, 12:04 PM

566 posts, read 888,929 times

Advertisements

It's been a while since I have heard anything from around there. How’s the commute? How is Paulding County growing? Any development that way? I have a young family and we are looking for a house. The prices seem right, but have 0 idea on how things are. Schools amenities etc. and how far a commute would be to Sandy Springs for work. Any feedback would be nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2024, 02:43 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listennow32 View Post
It's been a while since I have heard anything from around there. How’s the commute? How is Paulding County growing? Any development that way? I have a young family and we are looking for a house. The prices seem right, but have 0 idea on how things are. Schools amenities etc. and how far a commute would be to Sandy Springs for work. Any feedback would be nice
Like most areas located north of I-20, Paulding County is experiencing a very robust amount of growth and demographic change.

Though the lack of an Interstate superhighway or even a non-Interstate superhighway running directly through the county, and the presence of a large wilderness area (the Paulding Forest and Sheffield WMAs/wilderness management areas) that covers much of the western half of the county seems to have noticeably tempered much of the type of heavy commercial development that is found in other metro Atlanta counties located north of I-20.

It also probably should be noted that Paulding County is a fairly large county geographically that stretches more than 20 miles between its southern and northern borders.

The northern part of Paulding County (in the North Paulding High School cluster) is the comparatively more affluent part of the county, while the rest of the county ranges between working class/lower-middle class and middle-middle class in the East Paulding HS, Hiram HS, Paulding County and South Paulding HS clusters.

The highest school ratings are found in the aforementioned comparatively more affluent North Paulding HS cluster where the schools are rated at least slightly above-average to somewhat solidly above-average. The schools in the rest of the county rate anywhere from average to maybe just slightly above average.

No part of Paulding County really seems to be the most favorable for commuting to and from a job in Sandy Springs on a consistent basis.

Morning rush hour commutes can (and sometimes will) take as long as up to 1 hour and 30 minutes or longer to complete between any part of Paulding County and Sandy Springs on the most challenging traffic days.

Afternoon/evening rush hour commutes can (and at times will) take as long as up to 1 hour and 40 minutes or longer to complete between Sandy Springs and any part of Paulding County on the most challenging traffic days.

If one is going to be commuting between a residence in Paulding County and a place of employment in Sandy Springs during peak traffic hours, one probably should do what they can to limit the peak-hour commutes between those locations to no more than 2 days per week, if possible, because of the geographical distance and the consistently very heavy volume of traffic on the major routes between those areas during peak traffic hours.

If you’re going to be commuting to and from a place of employment in Sandy Springs more than 2-3 days per week, you probably should be looking for housing in residential areas that are located significantly closer to your workplace in Sandy Springs than a West metro far outer-suburban area like Paulding County, which would provide a challenging commute on many days.

If you’re going to be commuting to and from a job in Sandy Springs during peak traffic hours on a consistent basis, you probably should be looking in areas that are located much closer to Sandy Springs like greater East Cobb (everything in Cobb County that is located east of Interstates 75 and 575), Dunwoody and maybe even Sandy Springs itself.

Other closer-in areas like Roswell, Alpharetta, Peachtree Corners and Norcross 30093 might could be okay but may also provide you with some noticeable delays on many days but from a significantly shorter distance.

Commutes between Sandy Springs and outlying areas like East Cherokee County and Forsyth County might be worth the drive if one just has to live in an affluent outlying far-outer suburban area that won’t be located quite as far away from Sandy Springs as Paulding County is located.

Old 03-05-2024, 04:06 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
I moved to Paulding and drive to the airport twice a week. Takes about an hour. To Sandy Springs should be a little better.

So far I like it. It has everything you need. And yes, price was the big selling point to me. I loved Woodstock but simply could not afford what we wanted. All depends on your budget.

Dallas and Hiram have everything you need. Acworth also has everything you need. Best of both worlds. They are building stuff everywhere, houses all over, roads being widened. I could see it being very nice in 5 years.

Old 03-05-2024, 08:14 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,982,681 times
To clarify, I leave about 6 am and come back about 3:00. Any later you’re looking at the commutes @Born 2 Roll mentioned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta