Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 07:38 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,988,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosman View Post
I've been to OKC and in some ways/areas it has more density in the most dense parts than Atlanta(depending on how you look at the question).
Congratulations, of all the hot takes on this forum (and I've seen some doozies over the years) this is by far the most hilarious.

This is so incredibly inaccurate I'm having a hard time believing this isn't satire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2024, 12:17 PM

1,374 posts, read 923,773 times
I think tacosman is a troll bait account.

Old 01-12-2024, 04:18 PM

2,437 posts, read 3,847,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
I think tacosman is a troll bait account.
Yeah, when I took a quick look at his posting history, I noticed that he has been essentially asking the same questions about various other cities for years. Like he has been trying to buy a house in a different city every few years since 2013.

And even though the posters in the Jacksonville, Macon, and even Birmingham forums are basically saying the same things about their cites as we are, it seems none of those cities have homes that are "nice" or "safe" enough for him.

Last edited by equinox63; 01-12-2024 at 04:27 PM..

Old 01-13-2024, 08:44 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
Morning, Dave! I lived in Ansley Park for roughly 20 years and absolutely loved the neighborhood and it's proximity to Midtown shops, restaurants and cultural spots. Not going to compare it with Morningside (lived there 5 years and enjoyed it immensely) or Inman Park, but they are both great neighborhoods as well. Raised three children in Ansley and would move back there in a heartbeat. Best wishes on your return to Atlanta!

Old 01-13-2024, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,929 times
Thank you for the reply and glad to hear you raised kids there and loved the neighborhood! Are there any distinctions in terms of what part of Ansley you live in and associated pros/cons?

Old 01-16-2024, 07:43 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,988,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox63 View Post
Yeah, when I took a quick look at his posting history, I noticed that he has been essentially asking the same questions about various other cities for years. Like he has been trying to buy a house in a different city every few years since 2013.

And even though the posters in the Jacksonville, Macon, and even Birmingham forums are basically saying the same things about their cites as we are, it seems none of those cities have homes that are "nice" or "safe" enough for him.
Hmm, aside from being in the South what do Jacksonvile, Macon, Birmingham, and Atlanta all have in common? Couldn't possible be "complexion" related, now could it...

Old 01-16-2024, 12:23 PM

16,690 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Hmm, aside from being in the South what do Jacksonvile, Macon, Birmingham, and Atlanta all have in common? Couldn't possible be "complexion" related, now could it...

This.

Old 02-06-2024, 01:27 PM

197 posts, read 183,917 times
I've lived in Ansley Park, Midtown, Poncey-Highland, Candler Park, and now Oakhurst.

As for schools and family vibe you can't go wrong with morningside, virginia highland, poncey highland.

Inman park is a little overrun with tourists and it doesn't have any schools inside its walls.

Check out the decatur city school district as well. Very walkable and all the schools are within a mile of eachtoher unlike APS.

Old 02-07-2024, 07:45 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,424,055 times
I have a lot of friends in Morningside. One couple with kids in Ansley. As others have stated you'll have more of a neighborhood feel in Morningside/Highlands. Ansley is a beautiful neighborhood (love the wide streets) but I don't think you'll get a lot of other kids your children can hop on their bike and visit.

Side note, if you're thinking about joining either Ansley Golf Club or Druid Hills Golf Club - get on the waitlist now.

Old 02-07-2024, 05:07 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,377,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDave23 View Post
Thank you for the reply and glad to hear you raised kids there and loved the neighborhood! Are there any distinctions in terms of what part of Ansley you live in and associated pros/cons?
For about 8 years I lived on the north end of Peachtree Circle just four or five homes from Peachtree. Lived on Avery for about 8 years about 10 houses from Piedmont. My last home of 10 years was on South Prado about 10 houses from Piedmont. The closer to Peachtree location was very convenient for walking to Peachtree and then beyond. But, my favorite locations were the two closer to Piedmont, as I was just a five minute walk to the Botanical Gardens and Piedmont Park (which I love). But, I don't think you can wrong anywhere in Ansley. It is a wonderful neighborhood and Ansley Park Golf Club is a nice facility with many woderful neighborhood families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta