Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2023, 05:06 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,614,605 times

Advertisements

Another Fast Food Company is moving to Atlanta. According to the article, Arby's will buy Subway. I'm not a fan of Subway, but that's solid revenue. Along with Zaxby's, I think that's two HQ's relocating to Metro Atlanta very soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...-dunkin-sonic/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 06:31 PM

689 posts, read 638,386 times
I read it a little differently. The private equity firm that owns Arby's will by Subway as well. That firm also owns a lot of good brands....well, at least brands that I like to eat at. :-)

Old 08-26-2023, 08:40 AM

441 posts, read 227,049 times
Atlanta is a HQ magnet. Good news

Old 08-26-2023, 01:37 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
Inspire Brands already owns Jimmy John's which personally I like better than Subway, but now Subway too. Then again they also own two donuts companies- Dunkin and Mister Donut.

Old 08-26-2023, 07:44 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,870,659 times
I don't see corporate consolidation as being a good thing... especially through private equity firms. We have this whole phenomenon going on here in the US where private equity keeps re-investing in ideas that have already been realized rather than investing in new ideas.

It's not a good move long term because the existing companies have to figure out a way to squeeze more and more money out of the margins, which pisses off customers and employees. Eventually they ruin the brand and everyone bails— this happened to Sears just a few years ago.

Old 08-26-2023, 07:55 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,373,235 times
Roark Capital may decide to leave Subway’s HQ intact in Connecticut.

I’d bet Georgia’s economic development office is already on it.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:44 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
Roark Capital may decide to leave Subway’s HQ intact in Connecticut.

I’d bet Georgia’s economic development office is already on it.
agreed. Dunkin' for instance is still HQ'd out of Mass.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:15 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,807,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
agreed. Dunkin' for instance is still HQ'd out of Mass.

Dunkin' relocating out of Mass might cause protests though, so they are probably better off staying over there. It's like when Hershey's wanted to move a lot of their production to Mexico, people rioted, and they stayed in Hershey PA. Dunkin' is like a symbol of Mass. Believe me when I say companies watched what happened with Hershey's and took notes. And let's be honest, do any of us want Mass protesting? The British learned that lesson once.

Subway is not inherently tied in its identity to its location, not at all like Dunkin' is to Boston and New England.

To put it in perspective, what do you think would happen if Coca-Cola tried to relocate out of Atlanta? Do you think Atlantans would say something about that? Or Delta? These are huge brand names, and have long been tied to the city's identity.

Meanwhile, Buffalo Wild Wings is HQ'd in Atlanta. If they left, while Atlanta wouldn't like it, they wouldn't care, because BDubs is not like inherent to Atlanta's personality. Atlantans wouldn't be up in arms about it.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:30 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Dunkin' relocating out of Mass might cause protests though, so they are probably better off staying over there. It's like when Hershey's wanted to move a lot of their production to Mexico, people rioted, and they stayed in Hershey PA. Dunkin' is like a symbol of Mass. Believe me when I say companies watched what happened with Hershey's and took notes. And let's be honest, do any of us want Mass protesting? The British learned that lesson once.

Subway is not inherently tied in its identity to its location, not at all like Dunkin' is to Boston and New England.

To put it in perspective, what do you think would happen if Coca-Cola tried to relocate out of Atlanta? Do you think Atlantans would say something about that? Or Delta? These are huge brand names, and have long been tied to the city's identity.

Meanwhile, Buffalo Wild Wings is HQ'd in Atlanta. If they left, while Atlanta wouldn't like it, they wouldn't care, because BDubs is not like inherent to Atlanta's personality. Atlantans wouldn't be up in arms about it.
Honestly this is the first I've known that Dunkin' is based out of Boston. Now Samuel Adams and Boston is more of a well known fact. Maybe GE as well.

On the flip side Atlanta recently lost Popeye's as they moved to Miami when they were acquired by RBI.

Old 08-28-2023, 01:42 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Honestly this is the first I've known that Dunkin' is based out of Boston. Now Samuel Adams and Boston is more of a well known fact. Maybe GE as well.

On the flip side Atlanta recently lost Popeye's as they moved to Miami when they were acquired by RBI.
Yeah, Dunkin' is wicked HUGE up there, lol! And not just Boston, but really all of New England. On the way from Logan Airport to I-95 north in BOS you pass two 2-story Dunkin's on opposite corners from each other, and both are often backed up like Chik-Fil-A's are here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: