Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of the core counties are the most well managed?
Clayton 1 2.00%
Cobb 22 44.00%
Dekalb 2 4.00%
Fulton 5 10.00%
Gwinnett 20 40.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 09:04 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,900,084 times

Advertisements

I like the direction Gwinnett has been going in recently. They seem to be paying attention, making progress, and not getting dragged into the political dumpster fire. Jail time for landlords that rent places that are dangerous and/or hazardous to people's health is a step of accountability that I thought we'd never see in GA. Fulton and DeKalb could absolutely use that ordinance— what some of these absentee landlords are doing is criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2023, 10:31 AM

9,846 posts, read 7,306,432 times
I voted Cobb, because of Lisa Cupid, who is the best leader that county has ever had.

Old 06-27-2023, 12:50 AM

10,400 posts, read 11,584,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
I voted Cobb, because of Lisa Cupid, who is the best leader that county has ever had.
Cobb County Commission Chairwoman Lisa Cupid does seem to have been a noticeably competent leader for the era in which she has had to lead Cobb County government… An era in which Cobb County has faced increasing continued pressures from urbanization while very much appearing to be in the advancing stages of a long-term transition from an overwhelmingly majority-white and deeply conservative outer-suburban county to an increasingly racially and ethnically and socioeconomically diverse post-suburban and urban core metropolitan county.

But your comment about Chairwoman Cupid’s leadership of Cobb County government raises an important point that past Cobb Commission chairs like Sam Olens and Ernest Barrett also are remembered as highly effective leaders in Cobb County history.

Past Cobb County Commission Chairman Sam Olens is remembered for projecting a very noticeable tone of political moderation and regional cooperation after the sometimes very highly damaging political controversies of his predecessor.

And past Cobb County Commission Chairman Ernest Barrett (for whom the major Cobb County arterial roadway Barrett Parkway is named) continues to be held in very high esteem amongst many longtime Cobb County residents, observers and historians who continue to regard him as a legendary leader for laying the groundwork for Cobb County to grow into a suburban powerhouse by building out critically important infrastructure like roads, parks, libraries and water and sewer lines.

Old 07-03-2023, 06:00 PM

7 posts, read 5,984 times
I've spent time in all these counties. I'm gonna say,, people like Clayton county for some reason. Obviously Atlanta..there's a lot going on in some parts of Cobb mableton ect. I know dekalb has a lot of cool areas even though people are scared of experiencing life so they shy away from areas like that in general.... Hey not everyone got out of the house growing up... It takes all kinds...uh in Gwinnett norcross is ok Gwinnett and the counties bordering it just need Gwinnett co. To stabilize them or even dekalb... Because they need help out into athens area I'm just gonna say it,, Macon too for example. Because people are struggling

Old 07-04-2023, 01:51 AM

9,815 posts, read 7,983,308 times
I've lived in Chamblee for many years, and am very happy here. Things just keep getting better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta