Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2023, 03:41 AM

421 posts, read 422,692 times

Advertisements

I am selling my house and moving to another state.
Fortunately, the buyer put in an offer for the house I'm living in and it's under contract, and in a few weeks, the loan contingency will be over and the contract will be finalized(firm).
The problem is that the house I am moving into is available in a month after closing this house. ã… ã… 
What would be the smartest thing to do in this case?
The best thing is to ask the buyer if they can lease back for me, and if they do, that would be better, but I don't think it's the right time to ask now.
At the very least, I think I should ask after the buyer's loan Contingency ends… but If they say no (would it be okay to ask to postpone the closing for a month?)… then, I have to move out.
Where would be the best place to stay for a month?
Me and my wife, only 2 persons.
What comes to mind is Airbnb, motels, and guesthouses, but I'm worried about which one is better... or is there other choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2023, 07:42 AM

3,707 posts, read 5,982,315 times
Airbnb. Start looking now.

Old 01-21-2023, 07:44 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,467,298 times
A couple days ago you were asking us about whether you should buy a house in Lawrenceville. ?

Old 01-21-2023, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
A couple days ago you were asking us about whether you should buy a house in Lawrenceville. ?
Yes, I did. However recently I made a contract to buy a house, not Lawrenceville.

Old 01-21-2023, 09:40 AM

10,392 posts, read 11,481,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensky View Post
Yes, I did. However recently I made a contract to buy a house, not Lawrenceville.
Congratulations on putting a house under contract.

If I may ask, which suburban community did you ultimately decide on relocating to?

Old 01-21-2023, 08:48 PM

129 posts, read 169,945 times
The best thing to do is to communicate this with your agent if you have one, so that they can try to negotiate a lease back option for you. I think time is of the essence. I wouldn't wait until the contingency ends. If they plan on moving in right after closing, lease back may not be an option. Do you know what their current living situation is? Perhaps if they are paid in advance until "X" date, then you may be able to work something out.

Old 01-22-2023, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterTherapy View Post
The best thing to do is to communicate this with your agent if you have one, so that they can try to negotiate a lease back option for you. I think time is of the essence. I wouldn't wait until the contingency ends. If they plan on moving in right after closing, lease back may not be an option. Do you know what their current living situation is? Perhaps if they are paid in advance until "X" date, then you may be able to work something out.
Right on the button!
I have been thinking this so far, and I agree with your point.
The buyer who made an offer for my house lives in an apartment so he may be already told apt Mgmt about his lease termination or month to month, but I am not sure 100% about it.
As of now, I think I better not even am asking my listing agent about this.
What I am thinking is just to have the planned closing and move out after the closing and lives in the new state.
So, now I am trying to find out which would be best for me after closing until move-in-date to the new house.

Old 01-22-2023, 05:53 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times
Check out Furnished Finder

Old 01-22-2023, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Check out Furnished Finder
Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: